Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

thanks for taking the time to read . . .

BACKGROUND... A few years ago now i was wanting to build a DIY HT sub, i ended up picking up 2x JL Audio 12W3v2s (D2). i built a sealed enclosure and used an old JAMO plate amp to power it. in my old house it worked really well, the positioning had a really good side effect where it would shake the entire sofa so added to the experience. i have since moved and it was rarely used. i am about to move again and so would like to build these drivers into a pair of boxes and use a proper amp to power them.

PLAN ... So i have the 2 drivers, i intend to purchase an inuke 1000 DSP to power them. the house i am moving to has a more spacious lounge so i am thinking of building 2 matching slot ported boxes.

my initial issue is i am a noob with WinISD, also the JL manual seems to be missing some parameters that i would need for WinISD. (http://mediacdn.jlaudio.com/media/mfg/9013/media_document/live_1/12W3v2_MAN.pdf?1317764968)

could someone help with some box basics? i know i could fairly easily make a pair of sealed enclosures but i feel as though i was missing out on a lot of low end extension with the sealed box before. i guess i just need a ideal box volume and some dimensions for the port? i would like them to go as low frequency wise as they are able.

if anyone can add some assistance or point out anything i have overlooked then id really appreciate it!

many thanks in advance

Jason

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could anyone model one of these drivers in WinISD for me, using the parameters in the link above?

Many thanks!

Jason

1 - 2 of 2 Posts