Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had success using this sound card with REW?

If so would you please give details.

Thanks

Rew

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have installed REW and an having one basic problem; when I go to do the sound card loop-back I don't get any signal in the Out bargraph.

I have the following under "Soundcard" settings:

"Output Device and Output" Speakers (Asus Zonar HDAV 1.3 Audio Device) and "Default Input" selected.

"Input Device and Input" Line In (Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 Audio and "Default Input"

The Left and Right bargraphs appear to be reading but nothing on the Out.

I can fake the SPL cal and use Measure and it works.

Any ideas? I know this is a new card and still not finalized but..

Thanks
Rew

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Windows isn't allowing level control of the card from the REW interface, so could we see what your Windows Recording and Playback Mixers look like? (they will control the levels)

Here's an example of the Recording and Playback Mixers set up properly. Are yours set this way? Assuming XP...

Playback Mixer
Windows MIXER Playback.jpg

Recording Mixer
Windows MIXER Record.jpg

brucek

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Oops, I just thought of something.

This is a high end card, and you may be using ASIO drivers instead of Windows WDM drivers.

Java (which REW uses) only supports WDM drivers for audio under Windows, not ASIO. So you have to ensure the card uses WDM drivers (if available).

brucek

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Hi, If you connect a loopback and just make a measurement do you get a sensible result? Do all the VU meters work on the measurement panel when making a measurement? Are there any errors in the REW log files? The location of the log files is shown in the REW About... menu.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi, If you connect a loopback and just make a measurement do you get a sensible result? Do all the VU meters work on the measurement panel when making a measurement? Are there any errors in the REW log files? The location of the log files is shown in the REW About... menu.
This is how I have it setup:

- Left Front Speaker out to Left Line-In
- Opening Setting, Soundcard and Attempt Cal, I don't see any signal in the Out Bargraph
- I do see low readings in the Left / Right Bargraphs

Yet if I fake SPL Cal and perform a measurement I do get a Frequency Sweep Graph which looks about right for loopback.

Here is debug log

View attachment soundcard_debug.txt

Thanks
Rew

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The debug logs are named roomeq_wizard0.log.txt, roomeq_wizard1.log.txt etc and are generally in a subdirectory called REW in your home directory, but the REW About dialog shows the actual location.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, I saw them but all of them have only one entry which was Rew starting with time and date. No information beyond that.

Rew

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Have you tried selecting the REW pulldown Settings option and selecting Delete Settings and Shutdown.

Then also select the Right channel rather than the Left channel that you're using.

brucek

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Yet if I fake SPL Cal and perform a measurement I do get a Frequency Sweep Graph which looks about right for loopback
Can you post screenshots of the response you get, along with screenshots from the Impulse Response and Scope graph pages please.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts