Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm in the designing stages of my theater and would absolutely love to have an anamorphic setup but to do so would require I build a false wall and have the screen be acoustically transparent since the maximum width I can go is 14ft and I will have 5 speakers up there (L/C/R and two wides). Anyway, it's late and I'm tired so don't feel like searching through the threads on this but if someone could direct me to a spot where I can read up on how to build such a screen I'd appreciate it. I like the idea of a false wall and hiding my speakers back there so that doesn't bother me but I've never built a screen before (never had a projector setup before) so I need a bit of a starting point.

Also, should probably start another thread on this elsewhere, but in conjunction with this topic why is it so difficult finding information on a cheap anamorphic lens? I can't afford anything from panamorph.com so is there any way at all to project an image onto a 2:35.1 screen that doesn't require $1k +? I have an Epson 8350 PJ. I was set on a 16:9 screen (actually have a 135" Elite Screen that I may return) but I love the anamorphic world if I can get into it without spending a fortune.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugh, still way out of my price range. Guess I'll just make a cheap 16:9 screen for now and upgrade down the road. Appreciate the links.

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
You can make your own prism... http://www.zuggsoft.com/theater/prism.htm . I am not sure if you want to tackle the DIY as it appears to be a trial and error to find out what will work for you, but it is much cheaper. :T

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think it'll hurt much to give that a try. I'm surprised how little information there is out there on this topic. Oh well, I'll be happy with a very large 16:9 until it's feasible to get a good pj or something from panamorph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts