Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of building my HT. Being constrained by room size and aesthetics I'm thinking of going with a AT screen and in wall speakers behind the screen.

I'm wondering if anyone with prior experience or knowledge could advise me whether there would be any kind of sound or screen movement problem related with having the in-walls very close to the screen. Should there be some kind of minimum distance to respect between the in-walls and the screen or would the screen frame thickness (something like 3/8" inch) be enough?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those speakers are intimidating! Do you carry a special permit for them? An AT screen is probably overkill in your setup - I'm thinking a concrete wall would almost be AT here:D

Unless I'm missing something, your 18" speakers are below the screen (at least for the most part) not directly behind it. Although my setup will be more ... conspicuous, they would be hidden by the screen. So I'm not sure if were talking about the same thing here. But thx for responding.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks!

For the benefit of those tagging along, speakers can be placed pretty close without adverse effect.

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
I have to dig it up again for my use too... I had found somewhere that it was suggested that you install the speakers around 6" behind the screen. I want to say it was on Seymours screen site but I am not sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts