Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am looking to get set up for REW and need to get a sound card as I only have a laptop to work with. I found a Audigy 2 NX on ebay for pretty cheap and wondering if it will work for this application. Here are the connection specifications.

USB connector
Line In
Mic In
Optical S/PDIF In
Line Out (Front/Rear/Center/Sub)
Line/Headphone Out (Side)
Optical and Coaxial S/PDIF Out

·
Super Moderator
9,253 Posts

Doing a search turns up lots of threads on the 2 ZS, but nothing on that one. The ZS seems to be usuable, but tricky. To be safe, what you might do is use a card that others have had success with. Easy enough to figure which ones those are - just scan the thread topics and look for those with paper clip icons. That means they have attachments. If there's an REW frequency response graph in the thread of an in-room measurement, that means they had success with the sound card they used.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I also have a macbook and it seems like it is possible to use the internal sound card on that since it has a line in. So I am going to see how that goes first.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I also have a macbook and it seems like it is possible to use the internal sound card on that since it has a line in
That's correct as long as it has the Intel processor. REW only works on Intel Macs.

brucek

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I checked and it is an intel mac. Oh and to double check. For the line out I can use a stereo cable that has RCA connectors on the other end right. So I would not have to use a Y connector for the line out?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Yeah, the line-out of the calibrated channel in use will output its signal to both the right and left channels line-out for convenience.

brucek

1 - 7 of 7 Posts