Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really excited to try out REW. I think its great that a program like this is out there. Thanks to all who contributed to it.

So here is my problem.

I am running osx 10.4.11 with a mac pro, and a motu 828 audio interface. I can't seem to get any input signal. Should I see the input signal in the REW meter? I have set REW to default, and I changed my audio midi setup to the output and input I am using, but I still get no input signal whatsoever. I get a signal coming out of my speakers though.

I have set the outputs to "main out 1-2, and the input to mic/instrument 1, and have my omni mic plugged into mic 1, with phantom on. I can see that I get input signal on my 828, but nothing is showing up in REW.

I have read the setup part of the manual, and I know that I need an spl meter (which I dont' have yet), but I know I also need to get the mic signal up an running.

Any help would be really appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
You'll need to switch to OS version 10.5 from 10.4

The version 10.5 allows REW and other Java applications to access the inputs of an external sound card (when set as the default in the sound preferences), but in 10.4, while the outputs of external sound cards can be accessed, the inputs cannot.

brucek

1 - 3 of 3 Posts