Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I am a newb,

I am thinking of the following set-up and would like to know if it will work with REW:

Option 1:

1. Behringer ECM8000 Mic connecting the following Audio Interface via XLR Cable.
2. M-Audio Fast Track MKII - XLR input.
3. M-Audio Fast Track MKII - RCA output (right) via RCA cable to my Receiver.
4. Will use an RCA splitter Female 1 (connected to the abv RCA cable) with 2 male at the other end to connect Right / Left main channels inputs on my Yamaha RXV-3900 receiver.

The M-Audio Fast Track MII is a new USB Interface. So I have following questions:
1. It only has two RCA (speaker out) can the Right RCA be used to send signal to my receiver?
2. Futher the XLR input while having phantom power does not say if it is balanced?
3. How can I do a loop back to do sound card calibration on this Interface? There is no Right channel Input because Mic is connected to the Interface directly via XLR.

Option 2:

Connection diagram using ECM8000 mic (or equivalent) and XENYX 802 (or equivalent) preamp:
In the abv set-up I will still need to buy a External USB Sound Card and wanted to do it with just 1 Interface. If Option 1 is not workable then will the folloing Sound Card work with REW basis Option 2 set-up:
Behringer U-CONTROL UCA202 USB-Audio Interface

I am not in to recording - just want to do my room measurements. Will highly appreciate your advise.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.
Nads.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
1. It only has two RCA (speaker out) can the Right RCA be used to send signal to my receiver?
Yes.

Futher the XLR input while having phantom power does not say if it is balanced?
It's a standard XLR mic input designed to accept a mic. You're plugging your ECM into it with an XLR cable. No problem.

3. How can I do a loop back to do sound card calibration on this Interface? There is no Right channel Input because Mic is connected to the Interface directly via XLR.
Yeah, there's the rub. You don't have a line-in to loop from the line-out to get a soundcard cal file. The only way would be to make a small pad ~30dB from resistors and loop the line-out to the mic-in.

brucek

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi bruceK,

Thanks a million for your quick reply.:), as I am still to buy the setup I would then go with the following:

a) ECM8000 to XENYX802 via normal XRL Cable.

b) XENYX802 to UCA202 via normal RCA cable using the using RCA to 1/4" mono TS adapter on the XENYX802 side and use the RCA right channel input on the UCA202 side.

c) UCA202 RCA Right ChannelOut to my Receiver via RCA cable and split output on the Receiver side.

d) Before above will do the Cal File on the UCA202 with Right Input and Right Out put RCA looped via RCA cable.

Hope now I am on the right track. I am using Windows XP Professional on my HP Laptop.

Thank you so much for your prompt guidance.
Rgds
Nads

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Hope now I am on the right track.
Yep, perfect. We've seen success with the UCA202. It uses standard Windows USB drivers, so not a lot to do but plug it in. I believe the UCA-202 is one of the cards that doesn't allow REW control of its input volume, but it appears to work fine with REW for a very good price.

brucek

1 - 4 of 4 Posts