Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but I'm looking for some small pieces of art that I could put over my rear surround in-wall speakers that would allow sound to pass. Anyone done this? I'm sure I could make something but was curious to know if they're available out there already. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,815 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
That's going to be a bit tricky to find. Something in front of a speaker needs to be VERY acoustically transparent, which will then be somewhat difficult to print on. The fabric we use is fine for in front of an acoustic panel but I would not put it in front of a speaker. GOM FR701 is fine in front of a speaker but not sure how it would print.

·
Premium Member
5,815 Posts
I recall someone selling speaker grills that were AT with art on them... I can't remember who it was though.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
That type of material could work.

·
Premium Member
5,815 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
You might just try calling GIK and seeing if they can make a custom panel for you that's just the frame and printed fabric without the insulation inside. , they might even just print onto some fabric for you and ship it.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
We've done that before but as I said, while the fabric we use is sufficiently transparent for an absorbing panel, it's not suitable in front of a speaker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts