Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found what might be the problem, and it is the audio processing. Either the DMP-UB900, or the Yamaha. I ran the audio from the DMP-UB900 thru the L&R analog output into a two channel analog system. Ran the video, doing a side-by-side listen and watch test. There was a major (MAJOR) echo (delay) of the processed audio. Zero delay in the all analog, two channel stereo audio.

HDMI bitstream = major audio delay

Analog Audio out (2 Channel Stereo) = perfect, in sync, audio with video

This is my case. Not sure where the problem is in processing...the UB900, or the CX-A5200?

When selecting audio-out, multi channel 7.1 on the Blu-ray player, there is no delay in audio. Perfect sync with the video. But this deletes the whole purpose for getting the new Yamaha...7.2.2 surround sound, Dolby Atmos.

When using any processing in the CX-A5200 (A.I.), the program is not watchable due to sync issues. I must have a very low tolerance for peoples lips moving first, and then a few ms later, the sound is there. Kinda like watching an old foreign film, with poor dubbing of English.

And here is the problem...slow audio thru HDMI. It is watchable (barely) with the old 1st generation 4k Samsung. But both of my Panasonic players (very nice), and my older Sony, are not watchable at all. At least not for me. It does not bother my wife, however.

I have even bought all new 8K HDMI cables, thinking that would help. Wrong! Certainly I'm not the only one with this problem? Everything is new, or pretty new (DMP-UB900 - 2017). Maybe everyone else does not notice, does not care, or just tolerates it?

Note this problem did not exist with my 1080P Panasonic projector. But the new Epson 5050UB is another story. Beginning to wish I had not upgraded to all "state-of-the-art" 4K. Much happier before, plus my bank account was in better shape.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

Removed my UB900, and plugged in my brand new UB820. The Yamaha recognizes the new Panasonic. With the Surround-Decode set to "Auto", and lip-sync set to "auto" in the CX-A5200, everything is spot on perfect.

Not sure why, but the new UHD Blu-ray Player seems to do much better. The UB820 has all of the latest audio/video upgrades. But I can't really tell much difference in the PQ between the 900 and the 820. They are both reference quality players.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts