Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks AudiocRaver.
I will be attentive to your measurements and the subsequent EQ with Dirac Live.

From my point of listening ( sofa) to the back wall,there is a gap of 30 - 40cms.

Greetings.

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Here are some measurements. The frequency response plots show some difference, but the impulse response plots tell the main story.

Frequcncy Response 1- no treatment, mic 1 foot forward from LP, vs 2- no treatment, mic at LP. Some change is apparent, but it does not explain the difference observed by the lisener.

Frequcncy Response 1- plush blanket on chair back, mic at LP, vs 2- Psycho Pillow plus blanket on chair back, mic at LP. Again, the difference shown does not seem to explain what the listener experiences.

Impulse Response, no treatment, mic 1 foot forward from LP. Disruptive reflections are minimal.

Impulse Response, no treatment, mic at LP. It is that big reflection, arriving less than one mS later, that messes up the SS&I.

Impulse Response, plush blanket on chair back, mic at LP. The blanket helps some, but there is still plenty of SS&I disruption going on.

Impulse Response, Psycho Pillow plus blanket on chair back, mic at LP. The Psycho PIllow over the plush blanket reduces the disruptive reflections and SS&I are substantially preserved.

I will run Dirac Live with the Psycho Pillow some time soon. "Soon" in the grand cosmic sense, that is. I have every reason ty believe the result will only get better. My approach to using Dirac Live has always been to get the SS&I sonding as good as possible first, within reason, then allow Dirac Live to "polish" the result.

·
Registered
12 Posts
:thankyou: AudiocRaver.Good aport that of psycho pillow.

Impulse Response, no treatment, mic at LP. It is that big reflection, arriving less than one mS later, that messes up the SS&I.

Impulse Response, Psycho Pillow plus blanket on chair back, mic at LP. The Psycho PIllow over the plush blanket reduces the disruptive reflections and SS&I are substantially preserved.

I use my computer multichannel REW + APO.

I apologize,I used translator

Greetings

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Ahh yes, who am I to judge the venerable Psycho Pillow from the Great and Wonderful Wayne "Oz" Myers. Neither a parlor trick, nor a throwback to "Psycho Babble" of Alan Parsons fame, I foresee a veil of listening grunge being lifted off the bed of sonic delight. "I'll be Watching You" !! :wink2:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts