Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AudioKinesis/Atma-Sphere/James Romeyn Music and Audio - Room 1100

No code has to be inserted here.

I love horns, and the Jazz Modules gave me every bit of what I am looking for in a speaker. Immediacy, jump factor, and vivid presentation. The Dream Maker LCS (Late Ceiling Splash) speakers are two-way full range speakers, placed behind the main speakers firing upward, with output delayed 10ms. This adds a more diffuse, large as life sound, with no EQ or room treatments needed.

James Romeyn had me stand behind the main speakers while the LCS speakers were playing, and it sounded much like standing in the midst of a band. Directed to walk back to the main listening position, it sounded like I was walking through the band, stepping off a stage and walking away from the band! It was a pretty neat demonstration of the combined effect of the Jazz Module and Late Ceiling Splash loudspeakers.

Below, left and center pics, is the Event Horizon 210, with patent pending Manipulative Vortex Waveguide, price TBD.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
OK, let's get this party started. How have there been no posts about the "Event Horizon" yet? (awesome name for a speaker, by the way, I wish I'd thought of it).

I just did some reading about the Manipulative Vortex Waveguide. I'm no expert, but it sounds like a type of horn that creates a vortex with some specific backpressure and venting... or something. :scratch: In any case, it sounds like it has some nice benefits including more flexible placement options, and resistance to dynamic compression. One of the creators explains on another site that efficiency actually increases as power increases. I wonder if they would license that technology to subwoofer designers...? :D

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did listen to the Event Horizon pair for a bit. Placement wasn't the best, but they did a nice job. I looked around on the AudioKinesis site for more information, but none is available as of yet.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Its and interesting look, a bottom and a top but lack of specifications about FR. XO's and power handling really don't add to the mystic.
The top looksl like it could be a formidable MTM , especially with the label of "variable". How?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I've heard of AudioKinesis but have yet to hear any of their products. The Event Horizon looks very nice and you are right about the name being awesome. I wish there would be an audio show/convention here in Fort Worth one of these days.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gorb, make the trip to Lone Star Audio Fest in Dallas! Good time, great gear!

·
Registered
658 Posts
tesseract, I did think about going last time, but then I got lazy :( I'll try to make it next time! I just hate going to Dallas with all the insane traffic we get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts