Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I signed up for the REW tool, mostly. However I'll be getting a new TV soon, so the displays section will be of interest to me.

Been an audiogeek for decades, never much into video, maybe a new TV will fix that ?

Music is my thing!

Cheers

Peter

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :wave:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks muchly for your kind words!

I spent the morning and a good part of the afternoon tinkering with Sine waves in preparation for trying out REW. I use JRiver and there's a parametric EQ ioption to, it so I tinkered with a few "cuts" to reduce room peaks. I already had the RS SPL meter from when I set up a sub (no sub at the moment).

My system is hair shirt in many ways, i.e., no remote, only two inputs on the LDR preamp, which is the most transparent volume control I've ever had at home. Only two channels from a cheap as chips "digital" amp, but in my environment it does the business. However, I really believe cable construction and materials are inportant, as are equipment supports, mains supply and indiviudual component power supplies.

The dac is only 16bits, but has no digital filtering, sounds very natural. the speakers are almost full range, but limited HF extension, I know just how limited when i get the REW working.

I ordered a Behringer uca202 today, to be able to do the analysis correctly.

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Welcome to the Shack! JRiver is pretty versatile and i am sure you will like it. :T

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Bonjour Peter, welcome to the Home Theater Shack. What kind of music are you into?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts