Audyssey MultEQ FAQ and Setup Guide
by Wayne Myers
1 - Introduction
Audyssey MultEQ is a room- and speaker-tuning technology that is built into many Audio-Video Receivers. It is designed to be simple to use with minimal special knowledge, and it is a powerful tool that has smoothed out the sound of many a home theater system. But getting good results with Audyssey MultEQ does take some careful attention to detail. And it is possible to get marginal or even poor results in some situations. The purpose of this Guide is to help users maximize their chance of having a frustration-free, successful Audyssey MultEQ tuning experience.
This User Guide is organized in the following sections (click to jump there now):
- 2 - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and General Information about Audyssey MultEQ
- 3 - How Audyssey MultEQ Works
- 4 - Room and Speaker Setup Fundamentals
- 5 - Audyssey MultEQ Usage Guidelines
- 6 - Good and Bad Setup Mic Patterns - Priorities and Tradeoffs
- 7 - The Room EQ Process and Recommended Mic Patterns
- 8 - How to Get Help if you are Having Trouble
Note: A lot of the technical detail is hidden in "spoiler" panes to help make this Guide a smoother read for the general Audyssey MultEQ user. Watch for the "DO NOT OPEN... DO NOT CLICK THIS BUTTON" messages and click the "Show" button if you want access to that detail. There are five hidden technical detail panes, one each in Sections 1, 2, 3, & 6, and two in Section 5, starting with...
Abbreviations & Terminology:
DO NOT OPEN... DO NOT CLICK THIS BUTTON! >>>>>