Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

101 - 120 of 167 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I finally got my kit in today. I had ordered a pair of kits for our reviewers, Dale and Dave, and they came in earlier in the week. My kit was stranded at UPS because they had the wrong address on it, so it got delayed.

I think I may have gotten a very old kit. It does not have the APM-1 mic, it has an MM01 mic with the standard XLR connection. The microphone box had the microphone and two empty cutouts. I am not sure if there is something missing... and there is no flexible mic extension. There are also no mini-XLR cables or adapters (obviously not needed), but there are four standard XLR cables. Not sure why you would need four. There is one XLR to RCA adapter and there is also the USB printer cable... not sure what purpose it serves. I DID NOT get a USB to RS232 cable. There is also a letter dated back in 2007 in the kit, so my guess is this is one of the first kits they packaged.

I will most likely package this back up and send it back for a newer updated kit with all the trimmings that are supposed to be there.

Bummer... as there will be no setting up Pro this weekend.
Wow, that's not at all similar.... that does sound awfully old. That's too bad!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Perhaps you can get luke at audyssey to send you the right kit whilst you send this back.

Plastic box is supposed to have the mic and. The flexible mount.

You are missing lots of things: preamp power supply cables etc. did you get a stand?

Sounds like the box was opened and rifled.

With the 80.2 you need a mini Xlr to RCA as shown in the manual. Input of mic after the preamp goes to the pc RCA input . Left channel I believe.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Yeah... I just got an email back from my distributor. She obviously checks her mail even on the weekends. They are going to send me a new kit. The new kits also come double boxed, while this one was not and looked like it had been ran over by a pickup truck.

It did have the preamp power supply, I forgot to mention it... and the stand, but no RS232 cable and no flexible extension. I am pretty sure this MM01 is an older mic they used way back. The serial number on this box is 01214. Surely they have sold a LOT more than 1200 kits by now.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sonnie said:
Yeah... I just got an email back from my distributor. She obviously checks her mail even on the weekends. They are going to send me a new kit. The new kits also come double boxed, while this one was not and looked like it had been ran over by a pickup truck.

It did have the preamp power supply, I forgot to mention it... and the stand, but no RS232 cable and no flexible extension. I am pretty sure this MM01 is an older mic they used way back. The serial number on this box is 01214. Surely they have sold a LOT more than 1200 kits by now.
The 80.2 will not meet the rs232. You communicate via your local LAN . Your integra will need to be attached to it by ethernet cable to a router as will your computer . However wi fi can work with a laptop but better wired straight to your router.

You can get the Mac number from the integras web page or from your box etc. you send in the Mac # as part of the licensing process. It costs additonal$ but is so one line and is fast. You need to have a firmware after last may. The 20 Dec 2011 is fine. I would upgrade by USB.

The earlier models used rs 232; the use of ethernet for communication is new from last year.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I have the Onkyo 5508 and I know one other member who has it and I believe he uses the RS232.

At this point I cannot connect to my router from my HT room... I don't have a stable network connection yet, but I am working on it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sonnie said:
I have the Onkyo 5508 and I know one other member who has it and I believe he uses the RS232.

At this point I cannot connect to my router from my HT room... I don't have a stable network connection yet, but I am working on it.
You can two Ethernet cables and a cheap trendnet router to do what you need to do.

Cable from the 5508 to router.cable from laptop to router . Get the ip address from the 5508 after cables are attached and router and units and router are on..

The installer website has instructions for your unit.

Luke at Audyssey can help if you have issues.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
You can go directly from your laptop's Ethernet port to the 5508's Ethernet port, no need for a router in between. This is the way I always hook up. The only thing is you need to enter the IP address manually. You go into the menu/hardware set-up/network and make sure the laptop and 5508 are connected with an ethernet cable and it will have the IP address in the network menu that you then add into the Pro screen when prompted.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Any issues using wi fi for calibration?
Nope. That, however, is so dependent on the local network situation and not an Audyssey issue. I do this at my country house where a scan turns up 3-4 networks in range and my own has the greatest signal strength. In my city place, such a scan turns up 20+ in range and nearly half are as strong as mine.

·
Registered
188 Posts
No. Download the NetInfo from the installer we site.

Connections etc are difference as we discussed.

You will want to use 3.5

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I am not seeing an option for "NetInfo". Here is what I see:

USER GUIDES

Audyssey MultEQ Pro User Guide for Audyssey Sound Equalizer (PDF, 3.3 MB)
Audyssey MultEQ Pro User Guide for Audyssey Sound Equalizer with Balanced I/O (PDF, 3.3 MB)
Audyssey MultEQ Pro User Guide for Sub Equalizer (PDF, 1.9 MB)
Audyssey MultEQ Pro User Guide for Denon AVP-A1HDCI, AVR-5308CI, AVR-4308CI and AVR-3808CI (PDF, 3.5 MB)
Audyssey MultEQ Pro User Guide for Denon 5805CI (PDF, 2.7 MB)
Audyssey MultEQ Pro User Guide for NAD T-Series (PDF, 2.8 MB)
Audyssey MultEQ Pro User Guide for Onkyo (PDF, 3.2 MB)
Audyssey MultEQ Pro User Guide for Integra (PDF, 2.8 MB)
Audyssey MultEQ Pro User Guide for Wisdom SC-1 (PDF, 3.6 MB)
Integra AVR Interface 2 ICL Connection Guide (PDF, 649.6 KB)

The guide for the Onkyo does not indicate the 5508.
When I open up MultEQ Pro version 3.5 it gives me a Product Selection. Onkyo AVR Interface 2 and Onkyo AVR Interface... with no instructions or hints as to which is for what.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I agree with you not transparent.

After you load the program it will be onkyo interface 2 as a choice.

I believe the program will tell you what to do after that.

The integra interface 2 guide may also help.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hmmm... I can't seem to get past the sub level matching.... Microphone not connected, check connections. I hear the sub level tone and the mic preamp is lit up... all connections are connected as only I know how to connect them. :huh:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
You have the RCA/miniXLR connected to the left PC input on the back?

This is important: Audyssey Pro tells you when to connect the mic but do not do this before hand of you could send a loud signal through your speakers and possibly cause damage. They also warn you when to unplug the mic. The first prompting to connect the mic is on the left side and it also tells you were to connect it but is easily missed. The second prompting to unplug the mic is BIG and will not be missed.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Ah... I was following the Guide instructions which tells me to connect it to the Aux input, not the PC input.

101 - 120 of 167 Posts