Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I recently upgraded to 3.6. Been doing my Onkyo 5508 many times on 3.4 and it's worked flawlessly.
After I upgraded to 3.6 I calibrated a friend of mine's Marantz 7701 over RS232, and it worked fine.
Did some changes to my room and wanted to re-do my connection, and I can't connect to my 5508. I reach it and can control the 5508 with the web interface, so I know my laptop can reach it and that the 5508 responds on the network interface. But MultEQ 3.6 ask for IP, then nothing happens. Even tried reinstallign 3.4 which has worked with the 5508 before. Back to 3.6 now, and I've tried all the Onkyo interfaces. Some time out right away, some take a while, but Onkyo avr interface 2 which I've used before doesn't do anything....

Any tips?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I recently upgraded to 3.6. Been doing my Onkyo 5508 many times on 3.4 and it's worked flawlessly. After I upgraded to 3.6 I calibrated a friend of mine's Marantz 7701 over RS232, and it worked fine. Did some changes to my room and wanted to re-do my connection, and I can't connect to my 5508. I reach it and can control the 5508 with the web interface, so I know my laptop can reach it and that the 5508 responds on the network interface. But MultEQ 3.6 ask for IP, then nothing happens. Even tried reinstallign 3.4 which has worked with the 5508 before. Back to 3.6 now, and I've tried all the Onkyo interfaces. Some time out right away, some take a while, but Onkyo avr interface 2 which I've used before doesn't do anything.... Any tips?
Try turning off the 5508 and unplugging it. Then wait . Then plug it it.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
First rule of electronics, if it does not behave kick it (boot it). If it doen't work again, second rule is get out the fine adjusting tool (hammer).:D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Anyone know more about the "promotion code" option when ordering a license?

I just bought my first Audyssey pro kit (came with 3.6 software version so I think it's fairly new). I was able to register it, but I didn't see a promotion code included anywhere in the box. I'm curious, is there some promo code deal I'm missing out on? (feel free to PM me)

161 - 167 of 167 Posts