Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having been using the Ipad App for a while I finally decided to get involved on the Forum. Having just experienced a flood I am looking at replacing all the AV equipment we had for a few years so it's quite
an exciting time really.

Now a bit about me...

I am now 50 so have seen the changes in audio and audio visual big style. I started off with a very basic hifi system as a teenager and thanks to some very good stock picking was able to enjoy a superb LINN system a few years later.

After having been travelling and stuff for a few years and working abroad I came home to discover the new Dolby Surround TV launch and I guess this was probably the biggest revoultion in HT after the Nicam Stereo with sound coming through my HiFi amp a Cyrus at the time.

Several upgrades and changes I discovered the AV amp and started to enjoy the latest Dolby Pro Logic while watching a 40" CRT TV a Sony Bravia if memory serves me well?

Moving on Imported from Malaysia (whilst on vacation) a massive 60" inch rear projection TV and complete Yamaha Surround Sound System with Mission speakers and a some what oversize subwoofer which rattled the windows in their frames.

Sadly a few years ago the lamps started to burn out and it became cheaper to look at Plasma TV's prior to the flood it was an LG 50 " Plasma, Yamaha AV amp and a 5.1 Mission system with a REL subwoofer.

So in the next few days I will be starting to look at replacing everything for our new apartment (we'd only been there 3 weeks when it got flooded). I am looking to see what I can come up with but so far looks like it's going to be fun project.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to HTS.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Welcome to HTS.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Welcome to HTS! Sorry to hear about the flood - a pity. Hope you had insurance coverage.

Good luck shopping for the replacements; it may be a good time to consider upgrades. Let us know if we can help in making your selection.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Glad you could join us, graham268!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts