Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
haven't been on the forum for a while, hope everyone's doin well...
i'm having an issue with my hk avr 254... i've upgraded the firmware and all but for some reason when i watch tv or dvds sometimes it won't play 5.1... only 2 channel stereo is available, and then other times 5.1 will work fine, it's kinda frustrating and i was wondering if anyone knows why 5.1 won't work sometimes... i am using an hdmi cable, but i also even used optical but same thing

any help would be appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
There is quite a bit of hubbub going on with the AVR 254 and AVR 354 - in most cases, the unit has to be shipped back to the manufacturer - however, doing so doesn't guarantee that it will fix it. The word on the street is, that H/K says that there is a cut-off date of when units were fixed and not having that issue...however, they don't know when and if the new ones get shipped out when an exchange occurs. Kinda crazy if you ask me. Best of luck with it!

·
Registered
414 Posts
sometimes i have found that switching from bit stream to PCM will fix things. You would change that on your DVD player. FOr reason some movies would play stereo while others would play DD, and switching it fixed it...for some movies. Weird eh, that was on an older 02-03 Yamaha Receiver

1 - 3 of 3 Posts