Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
There is nothing special about optical cables. They pass a red light. I never had a problem with one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
In the manual there are several options that are not valid in the "American" models which mine is , most of the above is related to the 702 that I don't have, I have the 602... many of the options shown are also based on using a 2nd room connection that I will not.

When I listen to CD's and most mixes from our studio it is done in the "Stereo" mode as recorded and mixed in our studio.

The 2 movies I have watched seem to have surround information, I am suspecting Dolby or DTS and for as much as I watch movies its OK. I've looked, there are several options in the $400 -500.00 range that provides lots of options including HDMI set ups, and more sound options and I'll continue to look... I'm not interested in AM fm receivers but most of them have it... I'm not sure how much streaming I'd do... the Shield allows me to have specific stations I listen to as an application which I now use just fine. I guess I just can't get as excited about a home theather these days like I did when I was younger :) Like all the other Electronics, what is hot today will be on sale in 6 months because the new wizz-bang will be out... that is a never ending road down the rabbit hole.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I can see where you are coming from. I downgraded from 5.1.2 Atmos to 5.1 in our move last month. The wife won't let me have 7.1 in the living room. I have eight 8" 2 ways and seven 15" 2 ways. I ended up creacting three 5.1 systems. 2 systems have 15" LCR and 8" rear surrounds. The 3rd system has a 15" center channel, 8" front LR and rear surrounds. The wife wouldn't let me do an all 15" 5.1 system in the living room. The sub is a 15" too!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I can see where you are coming from. I downgraded from 5.1.2 Atmos to 5.1 in our move last month. The wife won't let me have 7.1 in the living room. I have eight 8" 2 ways and seven 15" 2 ways. I ended up creacting three 5.1 systems. 2 systems have 15" LCR and 8" rear surrounds. The 3rd system has a 15" center channel, 8" front LR and rear surrounds. The wife wouldn't let me do an all 15" 5.1 system in the living room. The sub is a 15" too!
BP1Fanatic... I had purchased the new Onkyo back in proably 2006 when we moved in to our new home here in Tennessee and never got around to hooking it up... I guess we didn't spend enough time up in that room... life got busy and spent more time in our downstairs family room and bought a new TV for down here... I had a small Panasonic AV amp for a while but it died and never really replaced it. I had set up a 3 speaker bookshelf system but never put in the rear speakers... just got use to not having them.... just recently I decided to clean up, clean out and set up things in the bonus room and found the Onkyo and set it up.... I"m not sure that I'd need more that this, as long as I have my PLEX and the 5.1 I'm just fine with all that.... .Fun to look at all the new gadgets though! It sounds like you are set up in multiple locations LOL< that's what you get for continuing to purchase the new toys!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Exactly...LOL!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts