Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was forced to register on this forum to download REW and the experience was extremely annoying. The registration page/form is convulated beyond words, it took me about 10 minutes to find a disposable email service not on your blacklist (to avoid your spam), selectively unblock necessary hosts (between all the ads and tracking), retry the captchas (culturally-dependent questions about some brands I've never heard about), and so on...

This was the single most awful registration process I had to endure in my 15 years of online activity, congratulations. Now usually I'm respectfully deleting single-use accounts to not clutter your database but it seems there's not even an option for that. Wow.

Thanks to Mr. Mulcahy for offering his software, but why on earth did he choose a download provider that sucks so much?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
We are more than happy to inactivate your account and delete your email address. We have no intention of spamming anyone.

I find it curious that one would complain about having to register to get free software that could easily compete at a price of hundreds of dollars.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I know... some folks are truly unappreciative of the reasons why we have such a complex registration system and offer a free product easily worth $500. Then they don't even bother to read our rules, breaking them in the interim. Amazing! I suppose we have to have some of those kind in the world.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Wow, Just Wow......:rolleyesno:

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Sad it is that something so good is taken for granted. Good thing this individual won't be spending any time on our forum.
If it were up to me I would have people post at least 10 times (min 25 words) before unlocking the free download ;)

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Sad it is that something so good is taken for granted. Good thing this individual won't be spending any time on our forum.
If it were up to me I would have people post at least 10 times (min 25 words) before unlocking the free download ;)
And make them start again if they violate any rules. :devil: Or maybe let them buy the software at $500 instead of joining. :neener:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts