Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read the Full Review Here!

"Starting one of these reviews always seems to be the hardest thing to do for me. I could give everyone a quick overview of Axiom's company history, but I have already done that. I could start it by telling everyone once again what an outstanding value that Axiom offers their customers but again, been there and done that. This time I think it would be best to just jump right in as Ian Colquhoun, via his wonderful better half Amie, has given me an opportunity to review something truly extraordinary in the new LFR1100 series omnidirectional speaker and I really do not want to waste anymore time so let’s get started!"

Read the Full Review Here!

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Nice review, very interesting.

I normally associate speakers with many drivers as being high efficiency and easy to drive (if impedance is kept normal). Interesting that they're relatively power hungry.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Great review, Dale! Thanks for the personal input. Dennis

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have listened this speakers last year in Montreal ( salon son & Image show ) and for info they were powered by Bryston and even if me and the reviewer have the same taste in the music side and also being a guitar player ... my final toughs in this speakers were ... i would look in to something else from price/quality stand point .

·
Registered
310 Posts
To start not the best finishing quality . In sound was more about how loud it could play not about clarity and in that regard and price point i would chose something else . Almost 4K it opens a lot of doors .

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interesting because the LFR1100's are some of the clearest sounding speakers I have ever heard below $5K. Maybe there was something with the setup. I understand that Bryston makes a great amp and all, but a setup is only as good as it's configuration/calibration.

But of course the other side of that is that we all have opinions and luckily we can share them here and help everyone get a more complete picture. It did take a while for me to get them dialed in. The effects of the omnidirectional setup took a good week to get used to before I found the perfect placement.

Thanks for giving your impressions!

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My turntable died about a year ago, I have some vinyl rips (FLAC) of Anthrax, Scorpions and some Van Halen, but I don't think that will offer a very good representation as it still is digital in the end. That being said, I have probably put off replacing the turntable for too long and should go ahead and get a new one. I have been looking at the Audio-Technica AT-LP120 but I am not 100% sold on it yet.

This isn't the kind of purchase I consider litely you know?

·
Registered
310 Posts
:T i also have tons of FLAC about 2T of it but there are some things that i can hear on vinyl that i can't discern on CD ( to tell you the truth i never cared about SACD for the lack of media ) . I am changing my TT since my Technics also died but this time it will be a Pro-ject with a Ortofon cartridge .

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I forgot all about the Pro-Ject, I may have to check into that. You're probably like me though, nothing compares to sittng in front of the mixing console listening to a master through something like PMC IB2S. After doing that enough times everything seems to be lacking somewhere whether it's CD, Vinyl, Cassette, Reel-to-Reel, Etc...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts