Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Axiom m80 v2 arriving here either this week or next. I plan on bi-amping them and was wondering how much over the 400w would I safely be able to go or is the 400w written in stone?

m80 Specifications:

Max Amp Power: 400 Watts
Min Amp Power: 10 Watts
Freq Resp +/-3dB (Hz): 34 - 22kHz Graph
Freq Resp +3dB- 9dB (Hz): 25 - 22kHz
Impedance (Ohms): 4 Ohms
SPL in Room1w/1m(dB): 95 dB
SPL Anechoic 1w/1m(dB): 91 dB
X-Over: 160Hz & 2.3kHz

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess the title should read: Axiom m80 v2 (400w) vs Amp 400<

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That really opens up my Amp selection right now. I think that I'm going to buy a used amp, but some of the ones I was looking at were over 400w @ 4 ohms.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right now my receiver is pushing 140w @ 4ohm, so would I have to get an amp that pushes 280w to hear a significant difference?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My current AVR is about 6 years old, possibly older, and have heard a lot of people comment about the Bass being tighter and the highs being crisper as well. A lot has changed in the AVR's over the years and was wondering if it would make a difference or not?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, right now with the crossovers, I can't set them manually. I can only set them by choosing the size of the speakers. I haven't read through the manual, but I have my mains at small, so I think it should be around 80hz or so for the crossover.

I don't need a lot of the bells and whistles that the new receivers have. Having HD/BD audio and maybe 1.3 HDMI, but right now I'm waiting for the war to end or come to a draw at least, before I make the plunge.

This is the reason, why I'm just looking for a separate amp right now and upgrade my Receiver when things pan out in the future...........I hope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts