1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B&W P7 Headphones

No code has to be inserted here.

Wayne's Impressions

The B&W P7 Headphones are closed headphones with a luxury look and feel and a very accurate sound. Bass did not seem over-emphasized, was just right. The highs also were accurate, perhaps slightly laid back at the highest registers. Very comfortable headphones. I was left wanting a chance to get to know them much better. Both quality and sound were fitting of the B&W name.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It is my understanding that these cans provide much better sound isolation than the previous P5 model due to the fact that they are completely circum-aurel vice on-ear. Is this what you experienced?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I for one didn't really care for the feel of the P7's vs the P5. They fit okay but the cups felt awkward over my ears. They did a wonderful job isolating my ears from the world but when nothing was playing I could hear the same kind of aural artifacts in the cans that you hear when cupping your hand over your ear; you could call it a seashell effect.

The sound was good but it didn't sound as warm compared to the P5. I may have been distracted by the fit of the P7's and because of that not been able to focus enough on the sound. The sound was open and imaging good. Not as open as my grado's mind you, but open with a food soundstage nonetheless.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I guess we're about to find out if bowers will participate in evaluations. They're on the list for bookshelf evaluation. Maybe we can do a headphone evaluation later.

You can hear p3/5/7 at any MHT store.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I checked then out ...while they did sound good, I still think my in the ear phones were better. The one thing I need to try is how they sound with a good DAC ...such as the Dragon Fly!
I recently purchased a pair of B&W C5's and a DragonFly DAC. I can honestly say that I have never heard a better pair of IEM's. I think that on-ears or over-ears would still sound better because of driver size, but these sound awesome. As for the DragonFly, it too is awesome. Especially the headphone amp built into it. It provides a palpable improvement to any headphone or IEM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts