Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at these two company's preamps- used,older B&W Reference 30 and Outlaw 950, but very comparable in features, with the B&W having a nice present feature and on-remote channel adjustments for center and sub, and for about $100 more. I need not concern with video in/out. Mating with an Outlaw 7100 amp (7x100). Primarily for HT, music in 2nd zone. Any last minute suggestions?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
There are a number of others that come to mind, Emotiva as well as Onkyo/Integra. Both also make a great PrePro without breaking the bank.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I believe you mean B&K. B&W is a speaker company. B&K made the Reference 30.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
What is your budget. Or rather, what are the prices on the B&K and Outlaw?
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe you mean B&K. B&W is a speaker company. B&K made the Reference 30.
Yes, my mistake. Under $300, and like what I see in both-but no experience with them personally. I know the B&K went for more money new, but I'm trying not to be influenced by that.

Any experience with these? Advice?

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
If planning to stay in that price range, I would go with the B&K. THX Certification, multichannel inputs, etc... The B&K originally retailed for almost 3 thousand Dollars and certainly has a bit better build quality than the Outlaw. However, mostly I would get the B&K over the Outlaw to get THX, THX EX, etc...
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, looks like I'm going with the 950- it looks to be in excellent shape and it too has EX and the multi-inputs of the B&K along with many of the same features; no thx certification though. I think it will work well until I get the bug to upgrade down the road. Thanks guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts