Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my initial sound card calibration and test. Also, Digital RS SPL line is in there. Comments on my first phase are highly encouraged! :nerd:
Regards, Dan

Attachments

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet ... and it only took me 3 hours! Dear Lord I'm in for a ride :)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok piece of junk subwoofer ... Waiting on a 2 new ones --> Onix Rocket UFW-10 BFS. But this is what it looks like for now ... Obvious learning the program for the new ones. I know it looks like Jaws' mouth with all of the peaks and dips. Does it look like I'm doing it right? Comments? suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looka about right :bigsmile:, Now add some filters and notice the difference. What is your sub gain set too? You might be able to raise it a bit (as long as you don't clip) for a pretty nice end result.
-john

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looka about right :bigsmile:, Now add some filters and notice the difference. What is your sub gain set too? You might be able to raise it a bit (as long as you don't clip) for a pretty nice end result.
-john
Well good thing you mentioned the filters. I did apply them in REW. Since I'm not using any type of external EQ. Besides seeing what could be in REW what other way can this information be put to real world use?

This sub is a piece of #%@* trust me :thumbsdown: The gain is pushing it with minimal audible clipping. This is more of a test mule for now to make sure I understand and can use REW.

Regards,
Dano

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ah, got it. Without an EQ that you can download the filters to, they won't do much for you. What you can do (if it's possible) is try to move the sub to various locations and run some sweeps. That migth be give you some good start locations for the new sub(s). Unless you are like me and the sub is sort of stuck in one place.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, got it. Without an EQ that you can download the filters to, they won't do much for you. What you can do (if it's possible) is try to move the sub to various locations and run some sweeps. That migth be give you some good start locations for the new sub(s). Unless you are like me and the sub is sort of stuck in one place.
Well at least what you just said is what I "thought" was right from a ton of reading. I do have some options and plan on exploring them to find of course the flatest response :T

Thanks a ton for your input and confirmation!

Dano

1 - 8 of 8 Posts