Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Well I got a second and third opinion and they all agree that the surgery on my neck needs to be done. I got a second opinion from a doctor in Boston who is a graduate of Harvard medical school and also is the neurosurgery instructor at that school. I feel better having someone with those credentials doing the surgery so I am just waiting for them to schedule it. Have a great day guy's. :wave:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
glad to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel! hope it all works out for you !
Thanks so much, It is appreciated...:T

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Best of luck and I hope you have good insurance! A lot of times you can get big 30-40% savings by pre paying or pay when you leave :).

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
You're right tcarcio, those are some impressive credentials & would make me feel a whole lot better as well. Keep us informed & my prayers continue to be with you.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Thanks B and Tonto, I appreciate your support. :wave:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Well they finally scheduled my neck surgery for next Monday. I thought it would be done by now. At least I know that by this time on the 14th I will be on morphine...... :gulp: I want this to be over already. :sweat:

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Hope all goes well,and that they are successful at such a delicate task,hope to here from you soon after the 14th.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,423 Posts
Best wishes for your surgery. I had mine on July 1st, L4 - L5 lumbar microdiscectomy, everything went well and a bunch of great people took care of me, was up in five hours and going for a walk within twelve. I really hope yours goes as smoothly as mine did.

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Well I had the surgery and all in all it wen't very well according to the Doctor.I had it on the 14th it is now 10 day's later and I am still on muscle relaxers and pain killers. I will say one thing and that is don't try to do anything that requires brainpower becahuse I couldn't remember one step from the next. It is very frustrating because I am not used to sitting around and doing nothing. I keep finding myself doing the same thing over and over like someone with a case of ocd. Also the dreams I have been having are very strange to say the least. OH well one thing down and now I have to decide wether to go ahead with the surgery on my lower back yet. Thanks for the support guys I do appreciate it. :T

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
that's awsome news,rest up while you can! as for the dreams i hope it's due to the medication and hopefully will subside as you get off of them in time.glad it went well.hope the next one goes as well !

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
That's great news. You never know how spine surgery will turn out, it's almost like a coin toss (most of the time it's good, but sometimes...). That concentration thingy should get better as you wean off the muscle relaxer/pain killers.

So what's if feel like being numb from the neck up? :rofl:

Sorry, couldn't help myself! Hope you know I just kiddin with you!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Thanks guys. If you ask my wife she would agree that I am numb from the neck up at least half the time.......:dumbcrazy:

61 - 80 of 80 Posts