Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a HL-R4667W from my boss he was gona thro it out but i told him i take it just to see if i can get it sorted. so in a picture of the ocean, rather than showing a smooth range of colors, i see bands of color

what could be the prob? :duh:is this a easy fix?

i used my HD Sat Box and it look a bit better but not good.:coocoo:. you still see the bands of color ..it gets worse on dark area.. look like a paint shop drawing

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You will have to be much more specific. Is the problem the same with all inputs? What does it look like on test patterns? What does a paint shop drawing look like? Can you post an image? Is the problem always the same, or does it change with time, warm-up or signals?

·
Registered
730 Posts
if you show us a photo it will make it easyer for us to see what the issue is. if you deside not to repair it I may want to buy the digital board from you. as long as the issue isn't the digital board.

·
Registered
730 Posts
sounds like it could be the light engine. but a photo will help. like i said before I may want to buy a part from you if you don't want to pay to have it fixed. I need the digital board. I have seen working samsung dlp tv's selling on ebay for less then the cost of the light engine. where are you from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is how it looks
-------htp://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp238/kyniceguy/IMG00064-20090918-2110.jpg-------

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but it looks realy bad.. not sure what it is.. if you look to the left of the screen ther is a gray area thats how it look when you have big area all the same color..

·
Registered
730 Posts
to me it makes me think it could be the dmd board part of the light engine. but i could be wrong. maybe its because the photo i am looking at is so small but it doesn't look bad. I will repost your photo so others can see it. if you have a digital camera that can take mp4 video you could make a little youtube video that would also let us see more of what it's doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts