Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there as much difference in sound quality between different brands of balanced XLR IC's as there allegedly is between different brands of RCA-terminated IC's???

Thoughts/opinions??

MikeSp

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Is there as much difference in sound quality between different brands of balanced XLR IC's as there allegedly is between different brands of RCA-terminated IC's???

Thoughts/opinions??

MikeSp
Well, let me say that the differences among XLR interconnects are probably similar to those among RCA interconnects. :innocent:

·
Elite Shackster , HTS Moderator Emeritus
2,216 Posts
Yeah, I would guess they would have the same issues. Good connectors, well soldered, etc would most likely sound better than something cheap.

Anything with a Neutrik end on it is likely to be good (you can usually see their name on the barrel or end of the female XLR).

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I would have to agree with the above posts. I have only used RCA connectors and noticed only a slight differance in sound among using the cheapest of cheap to using cable with quality connections. I'm not one willing to spend hundreds of dollers on interconnects and though this topic has been debated several times i'm still in the camp that if your ears like the way they sound then that is what counts.:T

·
Elite Shackster , HTS Moderator Emeritus
2,216 Posts
Thanks Wayne, I forgot about Switchcraft -- they make great connectors as well.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
If you haven't already have a read here it explains the difference between the two.
But in answer to you question no there is no audible difference between the two unless you are running long distances it will just cost more.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I guess the difference depends on the cable types and connectors used in the cable construction. another factor to consider the equipments topology or design. the only difference I heared is the increase in gain at balance connection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts