Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a bang for buck ht. 80% music 20% movies. Looking for a pair of standmounts plus two subs,receiver and power amp

·
Registered
384 Posts
If you get a receiver, you don't really need a power amp, which would save money.

If you get efficient speakers, you can get a less powerful receiver, which would save money.

I.e. you might consider Klipsch speakers, which are quite efficient. Be sure to audition them, though, or get them with a money-back return policy. Some people don't like how bright they are.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
What brands are readily available in South Africa? That may heavily influence the suggestions you get.

·
Registered
487 Posts
If the Studio series is out of your budget consider the Paradigm Monitor series. 90% of the performance for 50% of the price. Bang for the buck was the draw that pulled me to my Monitor 11's years ago, and I've yet to find more listening pleasure from anything costing less than 50% more.
Here is a car analogy. The Monitor is a Camaro. Sure the Corvette is better at twice the price, but then you have to put up with something much mor inferior at less than Camaro pricing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If the Studio series is out of your budget consider the Paradigm Monitor series. 90% of the performance for 50% of the price. Bang for the buck was the draw that pulled me to my Monitor 11's years ago, and I've yet to find more listening pleasure from anything costing less than 50% more.
Here is a car analogy. The Monitor is a Camaro. Sure the Corvette is better at twice the price, but then you have to put up with something much mor inferior at less than Camaro pricing.
I would definitely look at the monitor series, i auditioned them they are pretty amazing at the price point

1 - 10 of 10 Posts