Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's. I recently had to have an endoscopy to check my esophagus because years ago my mom passed from esophageal cancer. I got a call from the Gi today and was told I have Barrett's. This makes my chances of esophageal cancer rise. So I called my PC to talk to her and I am waiting for a call back to see what I need to do. Anyway I was wondering if anyone has this and what treatment options do you have. This is just something else to be on my mind because as some of you know I had surgery a year ago on my neck and now I am disabled because of chronic back issues. So if anyone has any info or has dealt with this I would like to hear from you. Thanks, TC.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Here's to hoping all turns out well for you. I have no experience or knowledge of your condition so all I can offer is a hopeful and speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff....:T

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I guess heartburn is one of the symptoms but I don't get heartburn except occasionally. I will see what treatment offers they have with my doctor and go from there. I saw this which makes me feel better.

https://youtu.be/1_saL37CFcs

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess there are a few treatments for this that work very well but I talked to my Dr and before any treatment can begin they need to run the test a second time and have a second bi-opsy done with a second opinion from another pathologist. If the same diagnosis is confirmed then I will find out then what option they will think is best for me. Thanks for the well wishes and I will post back when I get more info.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
They placed me on 40mg of Nexium daily to heal my esophagus. I was "pre-Barrett's" and caught it early. I also have a hiatal hernia to complicate matters. I've been reduced to 20mg of Nexium nightly to prevent gerd attacks. I'll be praying for you. :)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They placed me on 40mg of Nexium daily to heal my esophagus. I was "pre-Barrett's" and caught it early. I also have a hiatal hernia to complicate matters. I've been reduced to 20mg of Nexium nightly to prevent gerd attacks. I'll be praying for you. :)
Thanks for the support. I am glad yours was caught early and that you are keeping it under control. My PC DR called yesterday and said she has not received the pathology report yet and will get back to me to discuss it when she does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts