Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just installed a new from parts-express bash 300S amp for my friend. I did the resistor mod as its an 8" driver and would have over exerted itself without it.

The amp sends zero signal to the subs from either the RCA inputs or the high-level input. I have re soldered the resistors onto the board a few times and they look pretty good but I have no idea why this is happening.

Green light comes on on the amp, if i turn it off and back on within a few seconds i get a thump, a different amp will power the subs just fine.

Any ideas on what to check or do? I am just about at a total loss on this one and the project it is used in is due on friday...

Any help is very much appreciated.

The resistors i put in is 2-10ohm in series for 20 ohms in R26 and 2-150 in parallel to make 75ohms in R25.

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you modded the amp then either your mod caused it to no longer function or the modification process damaged another component. Reverse the mod and see if the amp works. If not, then you fried something else while you were working on it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've just reviewed what pics of the resistor mod I can find. I'm going by the Bash 500, so this may not even apply. It looks like we're dealing with a double sided PCB here. One of the resistors has a trace on one side but not the other... these kinds of joints are easily damaged if one pulls out the component before the solder has heated fully, or by too much heat.

I would inspect both sides of the PCB around the resistor mod carefully... this sounds like an open circuit condition to me, and that one trace being damaged would explain it. If no damage is found, meter the new resistors and insure they aren't open.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, looks like it had an open somewhere in the resistor change.

took a sharper iron and cleaned it out, solder some in there and then soldered new resistors in there and it now works great.

Thanks fo the suggestions, finally got it figured out tonight, thankfully

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its a great little amp. It fit the project just right being a rectangle and was easy enough to get setup with his way overly complicated setup.

I would recommend it to anyone needing that much power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.