Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Bash Amp HPF Change

Tags
bash change
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  XipeTotec 
#1 ·
Mike P. said "The IXL 12.2.2 would work well in a 3.5 cu.ft. box and with a 500 watt Bash amp. The high pass filter on the amp would need to be changed to 18.7 hz, the default on the amp is 30 hz. With a slot port 3" x 6" x 36.75" long the air speed is under 26 m/s. The port would take up .5 cu.ft. SPL would be 109 db at 20 hz, plus room gain. The sub is $192, shipping included."
I found direction on how to change HPF to 18.7 Hz, but the direction show different bass boosts of 1db, 3db, and 5db for the 18.7 Hz. Does it matter which one I use? How will these different "boosts" affect my project?

#2 ·
The 18.7 HPF that you need is from the ""1 db of Bass Boost"" table, which I should have stated. :duh: In your case the best HPF was at 18.7 hz, you don't need any boost, but the HPF comes with it. If you had a sub that the frequency rolled off at 25 hz, then the 3db of boost at 20-24hz would be a benefit. The down side to using boost is that a 3 db boost requires twice as much power and it taxes the amp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.