Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the miniDSP UMIK-1 USB Microphone and have been playing with the settings in REW at various points in my family room.

My current subwoofer setup consists of 2 very low-end subs that I had from old home-theater-in-a-box setups. I'm trying to make the best use of them for now and to also understand how much they "suck" compared to what a pair of SVS SB-1000 Pros (or a similar pair of subs under $1000 total) could deliver.
  • Left Sub: Sony SA-WP780 (Frequency Response 28Hz - 200 Hz)
  • Right Sub: Onkyo SKW-750 (Frequency Response 25Hz - 150 Hz)
  • AVR: Yamaha TSR-700
I have a few basic questions:
  1. Given the charts below, should I add gain to the Left Sub to address the dip around 35Hz? Each sub is very basic but has a level dial. At the time of the measurement, the physical dials were set to about 50% on both.
  2. I'm confused why the Subs Combined Measurement isn't that much higher than only the Right Sub measurement. I understand that dBs are logarithmic, but is there a chance that the phases of the two subs are out of sync here?
  3. My AVR allows adjustments on the single sub channel at 63Hz and 160Hz. Given this chart, would increasing the 160Hz offer any improvement?
  4. Is there any way to overlay what better subs might look like in this graph?
  5. I'm including an overall picture of the subs and the cross overs to the rest of the speakers. Is there any feedback on the overall gain for the subwoofers, is it set too high?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
baje su aplicacion para ecualizar pero no se ejecuta solo me abre para la instalación y ya asta se reinicio el sistema 2 veces y tampoco hace nada ya lo puse para ejecutar y como icono de escritorio y nada

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jose, I'm not sure why you're replying to this thread asking for help installing REW. I'd suggest starting a new thread and posting more details about your errors or other problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts