Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to HTS and am in search of basic technical 'primer', advice, and HT /Sound System Coach.

New system will be:
(a) high-quality surround sound HT, and
(b) audio routed (selectively) to four rooms (web and iPod based).

Constraint:
The new home is 'space' limited. Hope to make maximum use of in-wall / in ceiling speakers, if 'high' quality sound.

Goal:
Am in search of:
(1) basic advice (so I know what I need, why, and how to configure and connect, and
(2) a Coach.

I hope that HTS will be the forum to link us together.
/Geeeo:hissyfit::help:

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Welcome to HTS. We will do everything possible to help you attain your goals. Most AV Receivers only have 2 additional Zones in addition to the Main Zone. However, there are Components out there that provide for 4 Zones and over.

The problem with having 4+ Zones is that the costs and complexity do rise. I am not sure what your rough budget is and how much DIY experience you have. The more you are able to do yourself, the more you can devote to equipment as Labor from Custom Installers is not cheap.

I would recommend starting a Thread in our System Recommendations Forum where you provide a bit more information on your budget, any background in Installations, any preexisting equipment, and so forth. However, I would leave this Thread as your Welcome Thread and go from there.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JJ: Thank you for guiding me. I will collect information and start a thread and look forward to collaborating on a solution. For starters, is there a 'technical' reference manual that I should get? I am technically savvy, but have not kept up in HT or audio systems. /Geeeo

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Welcome to HTS, Geeeo!

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
JJ: Thank you for guiding me. I will collect information and start a thread and look forward to collaborating on a solution. For starters, is there a 'technical' reference manual that I should get? I am technically savvy, but have not kept up in HT or audio systems. /Geeeo
Hello,
I am trying to think of a Reference Book and if memory serves one of the Writers from The Absolute Sound wrote a Book about all things AV. I will try to come up with the Book and the Author.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome and I hope you always find what you seek. With so many nice people here just willing to help if asked, you should feel right at home here :T

Brian in Bakersfield...

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Hello and Welcome to HTS.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts