Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many hours of research and frustration, im still unable to find a way to wire my subs up correctly. It may be that my 2 subwoofers are unable to be wired at the correct impendance for my amp.

I have the 4 channel Fusion PF-4004 amp, found here: [link removed because of post count]
The for maximum power output to the subs I need to two 4 ohm bridged connections, however the problem is that I have two 4 ohm DVC subwoofers and I am unable to find a way to wire them at 4 ohms each.

This is the model of subwoofer I have the fusion PF-SW120D4: [link removed because of post count]
After my research the only way I have found to wire these is in an 8ohm impendance using this method: [link removed because of post count] ("Two 4-Ohm DVC subs, bridged 4-channel amp: 2 x 8-ohm loads" from Crutchfields sub wiring diagrams) , however I will loose a lot (im not sure how much exactly) of power.

any help or advice is appreciated.

Cheers,
Huntedstorm

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

So you need a 8ohm bridged configuration? Or does your amp only do stereo channels?

A bit confused on what your wanting. If your wanting to 4 ohms bridged then your amp should be able to do 2ohms stereo. In which you can wire each sub as a 2 ohm load. If wanting to do 4ohms bridged you can wire each sub for a 8ohm nominal and connect them to the amp for a 4ohm load. This will essentially be the same as a 2ohm stereo load.

So there are a few other variables but this is the basics. Not sure on your amp as I have not seen it before. I will have to look at google and check out specs in a little while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I looked up the amp and subwoofer you listed.
I would wire the subwoofer's two coils together in series (+ to -, + to -) like batteries in a flashlight. Then run a set of wires from one set of terminals to the amp. check to see with a multi meter (set to ohms) to the wire that goes to the amp to see if it is around 2 ohms. (it will probably be different, a 4 ohm coil is usually something like 3.4- 3.6 ohms per coil, so you might be something like 1.7 ohms).
your amp is rated at 100 watts RMS into 2 ohms.
see if your amp runs hot. it might be below 2 ohms and get hot. if not, you would have 2 subs running at 100 watts each. (2) 12's with 100 watts each, in a decent box should get loud in a car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts