Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Making some good progress i see . I cut out my circles with a jigsaw also . To bad this will be behind a wall , what color of stain are you going to use ?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Some busy times around here. Getting a bit done each weekend.

Heres a shot of the subwoofer box showing its size. Those doors to the wood shop are from an Opera house. In the background are the heaps of projects Im trying to do at the same time. The Belair I have running now and welding in floors. The blue fourwheeler was a rebuild, the red fourwheeler is purely a distraction, and out of frame a 48IH truck and an old massy harris tractor with hydraulics acting up.

Back on topic. The front plate in a satin black finish.

Blacked out inside the box on the port side so looking into the ports ought to look a little nicer

I forget the color, this is one side in stain.

The Bash amp is going into a nice little box seperate from this one. This way I can more easily change amplifiers and not worry about sealing etc.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Belair is a 57.

Heres the cutout under the a/v rack opening.

Here you can see how it will look. Had some trim in there to make sure I was keeping it high enough.

View from in the closet. Here I think I will be putting some of that thick self adhesive foam you might find on a garage door, put that on the face of the sub box and push it up against the wall. Hoping that mostly seals it off into the room but also doesnt transfer vibrations.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
sub box is getting layered in poly, 4 coats down.

Amp box is complete. The back is open, and a inner frame made for attaching some grill cloth, let it breathe a bit.

hauling off the old sub box to the burn pile

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Coming together now. The face of the box is getting nailed/glued down. I can glue the ports here shortly and terminals in. Then its finally time to see how it sounds.

The ports should be closer to flush once screwed down.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Do you have evrything lined out yet and how do you like new sub?
As usual things were getting busy and the basement neglected. I did demo the sub on a few different songs, but the room is currently empty and its hard to judge music in that space. First impressions though, excursion seems to be much more controlled compared to the old box. I don't think its getting the real low stuff as well, but that could be the room. I did work on the basement some this weekend, and will hopefully do so more this week. All the boring stuff, mud, sanding etc.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts