Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned a Behringer EP2500 for a couple weeks now, but I am having a strange issue. Most of the time when I first power it on, the red clip light stays solid. I have to power cycle the unit to get it to go away.

The amp is plugged into a 15A circuit and, unfortunately, I am using a cheater plug to get rid of the ground loop problem with the subwoofer. I will install a ground wire from the chassis of the receiver to the Behringer this weekend, but could the cheater plug cause the clip light issue?

After power cycling the amp once or twice the light goes away, but it still concerns me. Does anyone know why this would be occurring, and if so, how to resolve it?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Well I don't know the answer but the same thing happened to me yesyerday and I disconnected everything 3 or 4 times and it just started to work again. I have a one year replacement warranty and if it happens again it is going back. I hope you get an answer because I am interested also.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I played with it a little this evening because I have a ground loop issue and was running a ground wire from my receiver to the ep2500 chassis. I re-checked all the dip switches and realized I hadn't turned channel 2's low cut filter off (I am only using channel 1 in bridged mono mode). After turning that off and running the ground wire the issue hasn't returned. I don't know if the switch or the ground wire fixed it, but I significantly decreased my ground loop hum and also got rid of the clip light staying on.

Thanks for the tip!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Well I was running mine in bridged mono and it was fine. When I turned it all back on the next day the red light was solid red and nothing had been changed. I have it running again andit seems fine. I don't like it because I triple checked everything and could find no problems. Question, When you turn yours on what do the lights do? On mine at first the two red lights flash for a split second and then the channell one red light comes on for about 2 seconds before going out. Is that the way they all sequence or is that not correct?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I was running mine in bridged mono and it was fine. When I turned it all back on the next day the red light was solid red and nothing had been changed. I have it running again andit seems fine. I don't like it because I triple checked everything and could find no problems. Question, When you turn yours on what do the lights do? On mine at first the two red lights flash for a split second and then the channell one red light comes on for about 2 seconds before going out. Is that the way they all sequence or is that not correct?
That sounds just like what mine does. The green light comes on first, then the channel two red light flickers, the channel one clip light goes on for a second, then it goes off and all is well. The issue I was having was that the channel 1 red clip light would stay on instead of turning off. It seems that turning off the clip limiter and low cut filter for channel two fixed my issue (I have it bridged in mono). It tells you to do that on the back of the amp itself, but I must have missed it the first time.

What's the exact configuration of your dip switches?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
That sounds just like what mine does. The green light comes on first, then the channel two red light flickers, the channel one clip light goes on for a second, then it goes off and all is well. The issue I was having was that the channel 1 red clip light would stay on instead of turning off. It seems that turning off the clip limiter and low cut filter for channel two fixed my issue (I have it bridged in mono). It tells you to do that on the back of the amp itself, but I must have missed it the first time.

What's the exact configuration of your dip switches?
My switches are from top to bottom.....R L R L L R R R L L. the thing is it has been runnuing fine like that for awhile and all of a sudden,like you said, the clip light just stayed on. It is running fine again now so I don't know what happened.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts