Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Running an 18" sub off the EPX3000. Of course, the Behringer manual is woefully pathetic.

Anyone know what happens if I have the it set to "bridged" and the crossover active to 100hz? I'll be EQing and applying crossovers, but I'd like to keep the sub out of the 100hz region for the time being.

Also, is it possible to run stereo subs while using the 100hz crossover? Behringer explains a bi-amp setup using 4-pole speakons, with 2 poles running to the sub, and another two passing through to the sats. Assuming I run just 2 pole speakons, would I then be able to have 100hz crossovers to just the subs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Not really understanding your question? I would recomend a 80hz crossover point and yes run the amp bridged.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I am not really sure if I am following the questions either.

Anyone know what happens if I have the it set to "bridged" and the crossover active to 100hz?
The amp would be operating in the bridged mode and the subs would be filtered from any frequencies above 100Hz.

Also, is it possible to run stereo subs while using the 100hz crossover?
Yes.

Behringer explains a bi-amp setup using 4-pole speakons, with 2 poles running to the sub, and another two passing through to the sats. Assuming I run just 2 pole speakons, would I then be able to have 100hz crossovers to just the subs?
You lost me here. :huh:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help :)

It appears, however, that the amp does not, in fact, cut off the frequencies above 100hz when using it in bridged mode. It seems to run full range when it's in bridged.

Unless I'm missing something?

In stereo mode, the amp runs channel 1 above 100hz, channel 2 below 100hz. I'm bridging the amp using the 5-way binding posts, not the speakon connectors. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

As for the 4-pole speakon issue, I'm just as confused as you are. It seems the EPX allows one to biamp a speaker out of a single 4-pole speakon output. The +1 and -1 go to the monitor, and the +2 and -2 go to the sub. This is the only bridged setup they "explain" in the manual.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I assumed you were using a crossover in your receiver or processor... and had no idea the amp had a crossover. :huh:

I am totally not familiar with 4-pole speakon connections... first I have ever heard of them. Maybe someone else knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts