Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to calibrate my "soundcard" for measuring my room, when I found a strange, smooth, but not flat curve.

I use a M-Audio Delta 1010LT - internal PCI soundcard and usually connect it to my Behringer EURORACK UB1204FX -"PRO" to use microphones for recording and playback on different speakers.

I compared the calibration measurement of when I connect the ports of the soundcard directly, to the measurement through the different channels of the Behringer and I found a normal "flat" curve on the direct connection and different curves on each channel of my Behringer EURORACK.

Note: The 3-band EQ settings on all channels were snapped into "flat" position but it seems like just a slight touch on the knobs changes this EQ-setting, while they are still snapped as flat.

The graphics in the attachment show the calibration measurement of the soundcard directly an those of the 6 different channels of the Behringer. As output I used the "pre"-fader AUX 1.

Has anybody else experienced that with a Behringer or other mixing console?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,285 Posts

Hey roomeqtester,

First, welcome to the Forum!

Obviously it appears that the center detent settings for the EQ knobs are not the true zero-gain positions. However, it doesn’t seem unreasonable to expect that the engineering controls might not be that tight for a < $200 mixer? Nevertheless, judging from your graphs the deviations are less than 1 dB in every case – not enough to make any difference for room measurements.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hu? Thought I posted a reply a few days ago. Maybe did not click on "post.
so. I said somethng like:
Hey Wayne,
thanks for your thoughts. I have to admit you're right. That is not such a big deviation, especially compared to all those scary dips and peaks of the following room measurement.
However, as I used to use this mixer's preamps for recording it is good to now how the EQ settings can differ, since 1dB can make a difference.

Nevertheless, let me say this REW is a great piece of software and "hello" to everybody here, thank you for all the valueable information you are putting in here. I was reading a lot now here for a few month before this first post of mine.

Florian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts