Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try to program an FBQ2496 via midi from REW the frequencies of each parametric a slightly different from the actual ones in REW
does anyone know why this would be?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah well, I was hoping some wise person on here would be able to answer this.

I have tried again a couple of times but the issue is still there, the frequencies of the parametrics in the FBQ2946 are slightly different to the ones in REW.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
'Slightly' meaning how much? Can you give some examples? The FBQ uses a somewhat odd method of setting filter frequencies over Midi with a coarse frequency step value and a fine frequency step adjustment value (neither are an actual frequency, they are effectively indices into a table of logarithmically spaced frequencies spanning 20 Hz to 20 kHz). REW displays the exact frequency corresponding to each step.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have the same issue, the difference is just a few Hz. Perhaps it is better to manually enter the filters REW calculates?
That's what I did. Programming them with the set of controls provided is somewhat cumbersome, but certainly manageable. The manual is pretty good at walking the user through the steps in the right order.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts