Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

181 - 200 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I purchased a Inuke 6000 with DSP a few months ago. It was a decent amp but I don't think it put out half of the inflated peak power specs that Behringer is posting. I returned it after three weeks.I would consider it an okay amp for running a set of mains. But for powering a serious sub....no way.
What amp would you use for sub duty? The specs for the 3000 are what I want (approx 850 watts x2 @ 4 Ohms) with extension to 10 Hz.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I do have to agree that they are probaly inflated. I wish they would have continued the n4u6000 so i could bi-amp my mains from one amp with dsp.

But, my 3000dsp drives my 12in lms-r plenty enough.

Without any load (not proper way to test), i was able to get something like 100v with a +6dbv input with a 30hz sinewave. I was messing with the limiters to see how much it reduces the voltage.

·
Registered
214 Posts
What amp would you use for sub duty? The specs for the 3000 are what I want (approx 850 watts x2 @ 4 Ohms) with extension to 10 Hz.
I don't think that amp comes anywhere near those specs. I'm betting the 6000 puts out around 600 watts at 8 ohms. As for the 3000, I don't think it is getting more than 350-400 watts at 8 0hms. I'm not sure what it's 4 0hm specs are, but I would not trust Behringer's inflated specs. Cheapest amp in the ballpark of what you are looking for will most likely be the EP-4000.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You guys know that when Behringer published those numbers, they published MAX watts, not RMS. Though, if you look at the documentation on Behringer's site, they also list RMS as well.

------EDIT------

From Behringer's site:
NU6000DSP
RMS
Stereo
8 Ω per channel, stereo 1100 W
4 Ω per channel, stereo 2200 W

NU3000DSP
Stereo
8 Ω per channel, stereo 315 W
4 Ω per channel, stereo 620 W
2 Ω per channel, stereo 1040 W

Bridged mono
8 Ω 1250 W
4 Ω 2075 W

Those are the RMS ratings, not Max...

·
Registered
214 Posts
You guys know that when Behringer published those numbers, they published MAX watts, not RMS. Though, if you look at the documentation on Behringer's site, they also list RMS as well.

------EDIT------

From Behringer's site:
NU6000DSP
RMS
Stereo
8 Ω per channel, stereo 1100 W
4 Ω per channel, stereo 2200 W

NU3000DSP
Stereo
8 Ω per channel, stereo 315 W
4 Ω per channel, stereo 620 W
2 Ω per channel, stereo 1040 W

Bridged mono
8 Ω 1250 W
4 Ω 2075 W

Those are the RMS ratings, not Max...

I don't believe the Inuke 6000 is putting out anything near 1100 watts per channel at 8 ohms. My Samson SX 3200 did a better job of powering my speakers over the Behringer Inuke 6000 and the Samson is spec'd at 750 watts @ 8 ohms.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't believe the Inuke 6000 is putting out anything near 1100 watts per channel at 8 ohms. My Samson SX 3200 did a better job of powering my speakers over the Behringer Inuke 6000 and the Samson is spec'd at 750 watts @ 8 ohms.

Yeah I don't know. There are a few tests that have been done on the iNukes, and they weren't that bad.... not that great, but not that bad either.

I wish someone with the proper equipment and know how could get their hands on one of these and test it properly.

I should have my 3000DSP by Friday and should have my first DIY sub finished this weekend. I'll be sure to post my impressions.

·
Registered
214 Posts
One thing I will admit is the Inuke amps are aggressively priced. I don't understand why guys are going for the Inuke 3000 with DSP when the Inuke 6000 with DSP has somewhere near double the power for just a few bucks more.

·
Registered
207 Posts
One thing I will admit is the Inuke amps are aggressively priced. I don't understand why guys are going for the Inuke 3000 with DSP when the Inuke 6000 with DSP has somewhere near double the power for just a few bucks more.
i only have one passive sub so running the 3000DSP bridged is all i need.
I love the software for the thing. I wish they offered it in stand alone units. I'd totally buy something like DCX2496 if it had software as intuitive as what inukes have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well when you think of powering a sub, your not wanting to weld the speaker with excess power. In the case of the inuke, the 6000 would have been a good idea for me, when testing today i managed to essentially max out my 3000 without maxing the sub. The limiters do work, and they work pretty well at that!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't understand why guys are going for the Inuke 3000 with DSP when the Inuke 6000 with DSP has somewhere near double the power for just a few bucks more.
I bought the 3000 because it's power rating is right at what I need for my 1 sub for right now. Since I have no idea what these really put out power wise, I didn't feel like taking a gamble on the 6000 and possibly frying my sub. Especially since this is my first venture into the DIY/Audio realm. I decided to play it safe.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I bought the 3000 because it's power rating is right at what I need for my 1 sub for right now. Since I have no idea what these really put out power wise, I didn't feel like taking a gamble on the 6000 and possibly frying my sub. Especially since this is my first venture into the DIY/Audio realm. I decided to play it safe.
Understandable. This was just something that had me thinking over the last few weeks. Between here and AVS every Inuke purchase I've seen has been the 3000. I have not seen anyone other than myself purchase the Inuke 6000.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
I bought the NU6000 since it's power ratings are about twice what I need for my 2 subs....:R
The real world output OTOH is exactly what these need! Anyway, the system will be callibrated with the in-room correction.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I bought the NU6000 since it's power ratings are about twice what I need for my 2 subs....:R
The real world output OTOH is exactly what these need! Anyway, the system will be callibrated with the in-room correction.
I still believe the Inuke 6000 is only putting out around 600-700 watts @ 8ohms rms. I'm waiting for them to be tested over at AVS. IF the tests show this amp is putting out anything near 1000 watts @ 8 ohms, that would truly be amazing for the price point. I would repurchase a unit if this were true.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Someone did finally test the 3000 and their results were actually very nice - http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/213071-behringer-inuke-nu3000-measurements.html

I am posting some measurement data on the NU3000 that might be of use to those considering the purchase.

Output Power:
No load max output voltage was 50Vrms per channel.

With resistive loads, power output at clipping was pretty close to:
300Wrms/8ohm/channel
600Wrms/4ohm/channel
1000Wrms/2ohm/channel
2000Wrms/4ohm/bridged

So, it seems you can pretty much take the Behringer specs and divide the power ratings by sqrt(2).

It has been brought to my attention that Behringer does provide RMS Power ratings in a brochure, just not in the manual.
They line up well with measurements summarized above. See post#11 below:

Frequency Response:
Attachment #1: Resistive load test
Attachment #2: Capacitive load test
Attachment #3: Inductive load test
Attachment #4: ESL load test

In Summary:
- For the money this amp puts out plenty of power, but load induced HF response changes indicate it is probably best used for subwoofer duty.
- The DSP is pretty slick. In particular, very handy to be able to dial in limiter setting in real time to keep woofer excursion below the clatter zone.
- Not recommended for driving ESLs.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Someone did finally test the 3000 and their results were actually very nice - http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/213071-behringer-inuke-nu3000-measurements.html
In this case that might mean my first assertion is correct. I estimate the Inuke 6000 is only putting out around 600 watts @ 8 ohms. From what I've read online the Inuke 6000 is pretty much just two Inuke 3000's in one box which would put the unit right at the 600 watt @ 8ohm mark going by the aforementioned bench tests.

Also, going with the above information the Inuke 3000's bench tests are inferior to the Ep 4000's which is in the same price range. I see no reason to use a Inuke over a EP 4000 unless built in DSP is a must.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thank you for the link
I would not recommend using a Inuke 3000 with a 18.2. One Inuke 3000 was clipping heavily when driving two 18.1's at Archea's GTG. I don't see how it can run a 18.2 sufficiently. One Dayton SA 1000 amp is rated 500 watts @ 8 ohms and 1000 watts @ 4 ohms and it severely clipped on multiple occasions when I used it with a 18.2.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would not recommend using a Inuke 3000 with a 18.2. One Inuke 3000 was clipping heavily when driving two 18.1's at Archea's GTG. I don't see how it can run a 18.2 sufficiently.

If you look at the rated RMS output of the iNuke, and buy it for that, I don't see how anyone could be disappointed. If you don't do your research and buy the 6000 thinking you're getting 6000 Watts RMS, well, you aren't very informed.

Per the tests in that link, the iNuke performs exactly as Behringer states it would.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you look at the rated RMS output of the iNuke, and buy it for that, I don't see how anyone could be disappointed. If you don't do your research and buy the 6000 thinking you're getting 6000 Watts RMS, well, you aren't very informed.

Per the tests in that link, the iNuke performs exactly as Behringer states it would.
I always divide all of Behringer's power ratings in half. Anyone in the audio world knows Behringers specs are horribly inflated. What I am saying is the Behringer EP 4000 has better specs than the Inuke 3000 for the same price range.

·
Registered
922 Posts
i did a little mod on my 3000DSP. I thought removing that shroud would lower the SPL. I don't think it did anything. I guess I will replace the fan next. I used some old heatsinks I had laying around and some thermal adhesive.

181 - 200 of 425 Posts