Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

221 - 240 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Zestforlife said:
Can someone tell me how low the high pass can be set to on the dsp series? I'm modeling some enclosures that need a high pass between 15-18 hz. I know the minidsp can do what I want, but the integrated dsp makes these amps appealing.
The lowest they will go is 20hz for highpass

And it looks like I missed that there was another page of replies to your question. What they said though.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
The thing that bothers me most is the loudness of the fan. Anybody did mods to it? Especially the NU6000 which is two bridged NU3000 in one case, hence producing more heat. The NU6000 in the test stayed very cool with the factory ventilator.

But the rocket noise!

·
Registered
490 Posts
if those use a 12 volt dc fan like a pc.get a noctua fan to replace it.that brand of fan moves decent air,and is fairly quiet.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The thing that bothers me most is the loudness of the fan. Anybody did mods to it? Especially the NU6000 which is two bridged NU3000 in one case, hence producing more heat. The NU6000 in the test stayed very cool with the factory ventilator.

But the rocket noise!
There is a member over at AVS who replaced the fans in his Inuke 6000 with some cheap Dynex pc fans from Best Buy and he states the unit runs quiet and cool. I plan on purchasing two more Inuke 6000's this week to run my speakers so I definitely am going to have to get fan mods for these amps.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The NU6000 has two fans but no shroud. The mod is very easy to complete with any 12V, 80mm case fan that supplies 28+ CFM of airflow and noise under 24db. The Dynex 80mm case fan sold by Best Buy is readily available and does a perfect job, offhand I'd say it is 90-95% quieter in practice than the stock fans.

·
Registered
140 Posts
20Hz is the lowest frequency you can adjust with the iNuke DSP. You can choose parametric EQ or a shelf, as well as the curve's Q so it's possible to boost all the frequencies 20Hz and below by the same level, but that's the limit of the control you get. Thanks to room gain, it's enough to tune a system flat to 16Hz or lower and the iNuke amps certainly delivers the LFE goods.

Don't know if this was covered but I don't have the time to read 200+ posts to find out. :)

Does the internal DSP cover sub 20hz filtering/EQ.
What happens down there or what are the possibility's?

·
Registered
140 Posts
When you adjust 20Hz with a parametric EQ function, you can set the rolloff in the lower frequencies using a knob - it's constantly variable. You can download and launch the software and try it for yourself without having an amp, just to get a feel for it. http://www.behringerdownload.de/iNuke/iNuke_Remote_Connect_V01-1.zip

So, can the frequency from 20hz and down be rolled off gradually, say like 3dB/oct or other values?
Or is it that 20hz can be adjusted and the lower frequency's are unaffected?
Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
What settings do people adjust in the DSP in general besides setting a high and low filter? Any other recommended settings?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I used REW measurements along with the parametric EQ to adjust my subs (really my bass modules on my mains) to play flat down to 18hz, also to compensated for dips (null) at 65 Hz and 128Hz. One can use the delay function for proper time-alignment, and there is also a phase switch. You can set the volume limiter to protect against clipping. I never used the dynamic EQ as it is a strange beast, but it exists.

The iNuke's DSP is quite flexible and the software is remarkably fast, stable, intuitive and powerful - it is a very compact application... plus it runs stand-alone, it doesn't need to be 'installed'.

What settings do people adjust in the DSP in general besides setting a high and low filter? Any other recommended settings?

·
Registered
18 Posts
221 - 240 of 425 Posts