Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not to sound antagonistic--but in what situation would I have to worry about clipping a 6000W amp?
I think you would be rather clipping your house power system.

The DSP fonction is interesting. It come with a parametric equalizer... does it equal no more BFD needed ? As I can understand you select the filter Fz, Q and Db cutoff.

That a nice function.

·
Registered
132 Posts
6 K watt peak power so a more realistic 3 to 4 k watts at best i would say. Plus the 6000 version is not bridgeable so sounds like two 3000 version module fitted in a 6000 case. Behringer have been good to name their amp per peak power lately, IE EP4000 = 2k watts tested.

Time will tell. Plus Peavey is no where near to have their 6 K watts version out ''for shortage of parts'' so i do not know how Behringer can cough cough design their own version of it.:whistling:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Interesting..... definitely seems like a consideration for a sub amp..

Curious how it'll fare reliability wise. The EP4000 are pretty reliable.
I don't know but if the price is as good as the EP4000 I may get a Inuke 3000DSP and be a guinea pig. In worst case if it fail I will test behringer customer service. I just hope that the fan aren't as noisi as what they usually are.

I just hope it can deliver at least a solid 2x 600 watt into 4 ohm without to much distortion. It's rated 2x 880 into 4 ohm. Or else I will try to get two 2ohm subwoofer and wire them for 4 ohm in bridge mode for 3000 watt nominal.

They must also get it out at least this summer.

DSP functions include a sophisticated delay for delay-line loudspeakers, crossover, EQ (eight parametric, two dynamic), and dynamics processing with lockable security settings.
Nice function. I don't know if crossover include subsonic filter adjustable to what ever frequency you want. But I don't expect to much from there.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
6 K watt peak power so a more realistic 3 to 4 k watts at best i would say. Plus the 6000 version is not bridgeable so sounds like two 3000 version module fitted in a 6000 case. Behringer have been good to name their amp per peak power lately, IE EP4000 = 2k watts tested.
I had to dig to find it wasn't bridgeable. Since there is no manual yet, it's all brochures and web pages. The graphic on the Behringer site for the iNuke amps shows a "bridged, mono, stereo" switch - but looks like only the smaller ones are bridgable.

So yeah...... If an EP2500/EP4000 was tested at about 2000watts bridged, real curious what these would test like.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My two LLT's are still waiting for amplification. It's March today, two monthes since I spotted the "coming soon" anouncement on their website...

The two Maelström drivers are 1500W Pmax, so if the NU6000 gives half the promised 3000W/ch, we're all fly, baby! Very believable. Questions can be raised about their ability to shine throughout the bandrange since that's not easy with class D amps (they need to switch extremely fast to deal with the higher frequencies) but for SW duties at least, this amp should be ideal.

Wonder what takes them so long.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was looking at these as well when they were announced, but they just took too long to bring them to market. I ended up going with marathon ma-5050s instead which work quite well and aren't priced too bad. Lots of power.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It sure would be cool if someone built a affordable functional (solid 4ohm performer)plate amp with a good RF remote.
I for one would buy a 500 watt model in a second.
If I'm gonna dream lets give it a nice set of controls and a mic calibation system.
Your hear me Behringer?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I would like behringer to bring out an amp capable off running 2ohms bridged into 2000 watts without even a degree off heat. And only charge £300 for it. LOL never gonna happen

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just got my EP4000 for my two subs, at 4 ohms each are rated at 1000 watts. I use a boost of 6db at 18Hz so even in my small space and moderate volumes will draw a lot of power. The only complaint I have thus far is the fan. I ordered a replacement before even getting the amp, I was well informed of this problem. Still waiting on the balanced miniDSP though. It will allow me to use balanced for the sub from the UMC-1 to the amp. My, the fan that it comes with is loud! I'm used to 80mm computer fans and the three 120mm's in the bottom of my computer case which when set to low make hardly any sound at all and still cool it well. I think the new fan will come today.
The info in the powerpoint presentation about Class D amps was a good read. I take it that even Class D is good enough for subs, just not full range.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I am using a 34 CFM rated fan and am running 2 ohms stereo without any issues. The amp gets hot when running low frequencies but for normal music and films its no probs. I did have a 19 rated CFM fan and it was useless. The stock fan is about 50ish CFM rating which as you know is very loud.

Stick with something between 25 and 35 and you will be fine.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well, I ordered the 19cfm model from Digikey. I'm hoping it will work given the light duty I will be using it for. If I'd seen what you said before ordering it I would have gotten the higher output one. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it shows any sign of overheating. Wish me luck.
Theresa

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
I think ventilation around the amp is a factor too. I have mine mounted in a rack so they're going to be warmer. If the amp has a little room to breathe the fans shouldn't be everything... I know some people put theirs on shelves.
Dont forget the Behringer amps are designed to be rack mounted, and are designed to run in situations were heat might build up. The EP series were rock solid, I'm sure the new ones will be too.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Totally agree moonfly... just wanted to throw that out there - since they're designed to be rackmounted with the fans as designed..

I think when you reduce the airflow and have it mounted in a hot rack, you COULD have problems.

But... they're also typically used professionally as full range amps........ and I know my sub amps basically sit idle except for LFE booms and junk.

I don't really think heat is a problem for HT use - as long as the rack isn't super hot.

21 - 40 of 425 Posts