Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

421 - 425 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Over-thinking it :). The time scale of analog electronics compared with audio frequencies is negligible. Don't sweat it. If you're worried your OCD may keep you awake at night, do a Y-split right at the amp inputs and keep the speaker wire lengths the same.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've got an NU1000DSP to power my TubaHT which has the Dayton DVC385-88 15" driver in it. My receiver is a Denon X1100W. I haven't run Audyssey yet. I want to know the best way to go about configuring the settings for the sub with this amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Where do I start? Should I run Audyssey first and then work on the sub amp settings after?

Currently with just the AVR setting the LFE XO to 80Hz the sub sounds weak. I think I might have the Speakon connector wired wrong. I want to use it bridged but when I select bridged on the amp it sounds weaker than when I leave it in stereo mode just using channel A.

I've got a coax connected to the preout of the AVR, then it goes thru a wall plate and a coax to 1/4" phono cable which is then connected to input A on the amp. I have the sub wired parallel inside the cabinet.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have a quad 2ohm IB3 IB sub and I'm building a quad Infinity 1262 sealed nearfield sub. I'm debating three options.

1. I could get one NU4-6000 and run a pair of subs off each channel. In this case each pair of IB3 drivers would be wired in series. This would use two channels of the amp and each channel would see a 4 Ohm load. The problem is wiring them in series of course loses sensitivity. The 1262's are DVC subs that can be wired as either 2 or 8ohm subs. I would wire each driver as 8ohms so each pair would be run parallel so with the 1262's the amp would also see two 4ohm loads. Since the DVC subs would be run parallel they would not lose sensitivity. Using the NU4-6000 also means the entire amp runs off one circuit (and I only have 15 amp circuits).

2. I could get two NU3000 amps for the same power and sensitivity limitations but spread the love across two breakers.

3. I could get two NU1000 amps and have one 2 Ohm IB3 driver run off each of the four channels. I would also get an NU3000 for the 1262 drivers and they would be wired the same way as they would be with the NU4-6000. This presents a much more difficult load for each of the NU1000 amps but the IB sub doesn't lose sensitivity and I could put the two NU1000 amps on one circuit and the NU300 amp on another.

So option 1) is simpler but the IB loses sensitivity and the breaker would likely pop. Option 2) costs about $110 more, is also simple and it has the same sensitivity trade off but spreads the love across two breakers. Option 3) costs about $250 more and presents a tougher load to the NU1000 amps but spreads the load across two circuits and allows the IB sub to have greater sensitivity without more power (although there would also be little more power to each of the IB3 subs).

What do you guys recommend doing?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

421 - 425 of 425 Posts