Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 425 Posts

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
And don't forget the DSP models have bits taken from the DCX2496 in terms or EQ, delays, crossover and more.

Now that defo interests me.
Me too. I know they have had many a request for a stand alone PEQ unit. Perhaps they have gone one further, noticed what else these units get used for, and produced this precisely for us guys :bigsmile:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I"m intruiged by the DSP aspect, but otherwise would personally go with Peavey instead. I'm really surprised I don't hear more about them on these forums, they are low priced and put out very little heat. Conversely my EP2500 could be used to heat a small room, even putting out a fair amount of heat at idle.

·
Registered
270 Posts
All Prices were listed at the link that dealer lists the whole iNuke series.
The 1000 DSPwas 299. next model was like 100. more I think or deduct 100. for non-DSP versions.

·
Registered
533 Posts
And don't forget the DSP models have bits taken from the DCX2496 in terms or EQ, delays, crossover and more.

Now that defo interests me.
Can you share where you found this info buddy....??

Haven't seen much about the DSP feature set for these yet... :eek:lddude:

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I emailed behringer twice to get some info but I wasn't able to get anything concrete out off them. All I got was that the 3000 DSP model will be more expensive than the EP4000 which is pretty obvious.

Their website says:

High-performance DSP and 24-bit/96 kHz converters deliver ultimate signal integrity and extreme dynamic range

DSP section features sophisticated delay, crossover (3 filter types, up to 48 dB/octave), EQ (8 parametric, 2 dynamic), dynamics processing and lockable security settings
I was told however that they would be out in May 2011.

Sorry I can't give you any more information.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
270 Posts
My only real question now is does the amp section roll off at 50hz like the Crown DSP XLi models do.
I'm sold for sure if the NU1000DSP will do sub support down to 14-15hz for my LLT.
If this comes out in May then perhaps some lucky reviewer will see one this month.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I emailed behringer twice to get some info but I wasn't able to get anything concrete out off them. All I got was that the 3000 DSP model will be more expensive than the EP4000 which is pretty obvious.

Their website says:

I was told however that they would be out in May 2011.

Sorry I can't give you any more information.

cheers

Graham

Thanks Graham...
Appreciate the info.... Hope they pan out for people, not really any need for myself, but trying to dig up more for others that are and will be interested if they offer the performance....

The Peavy Class D did extremely well in Chucks measurements posted here....
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=18534472#post18534472

scroll down and read the following posts for more info

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
My only real question now is does the amp section roll off at 50hz like the Crown DSP XLi models do.
I'm sold for sure if the NU1000DSP will do sub support down to 14-15hz for my LLT.
If this comes out in May then perhaps some lucky reviewer will see one this month.
The predecessors (EP range etc) certainly did, its one of the things that made them DIY favourites, which I'm sure contributed to the addition of DSP as well, and I fully expect these new amps to be good down to at least 15hz.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Re: Behringer iNUKE Class-D amps Video

Here is a Youtube link to the NAMM video 2:45min
http://youtu.be/CDhLQNXGHng

Same show different presenters
http://youtu.be/VVXboGJrSxY

Control software video
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2011/04/11/messe11-behringer-dsp-amps-get-editor/

One more just for fun Meet Uli Behringer having a beer with some Aussies sharing some history.
My favorite quote, " and I said how comes ?"

Still no reviews here or overseas.
Some have noted elsewhere, (AVS iNuke thread) that all the iNuke power ratings are "PEAK" power rather than RMS same commentors have suggested halving the PEAK ratings to better plan expected output. If that assumption is even close then one could also assume the NU3000DSP is the entry level for us SubHeads.

In relation to other DSP amps the inuke is still MuM on wattage use and whether they will have the same low frequency roll off of the Peavey IPR amps. iNukes do have More PEQ bands than either the Crown XTi or Peavey IPR. So many questions.......

·
Registered
270 Posts
Availible now, iNUKE AmpControl Software

Behringer made the link active today!
Looks real easy to setup and the Dynamic EQ is super cool you could use it like a dynamic loudness or take the boom out at certain volumes. BUT! the control range stops at 20hz that may be irrelevant but I will leave that to greater minds.
The DSP control software is just a EXE file no installing and works fine on Win7 x64 it's quite possible this would run on Linux via WINE due to Win XP compatibility.

BEHRINGER PC Remote Editor Software turns your iNUKE DSP-equipped power amp into a robust loudspeaker management system. Just install the software onto your PC, connect to your iNUKE DSP amp via USB and you’re ready to go.

Features include:

• Plug and play PC Remote Editor Software for iNUKE DSP Series running on the following systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
  • Intuitive GUI for easy control and direct access to all DSP functions and parameters
  • Easy-to-use setup page for Presets and File Management
  • Select from 5 unique operating modes:
  • Dual Mono
  • Stereo
  • Bi-Amp 1
  • Bi-Amp 2
  • Bridge
  • Precise I/O Level Control via 22 virtual LED indicators
  • Graphical feedback for Filter/Crossover, Parametric EQ and Dynamic EQ (level dependent equalization)
  • System can be locked to restrict unauthorized access, a must for contractors and rental companies

Download directly from Behringer, Check it out!
http://www.behringerdownload.de/iNuke/RnD_Soft_DE_Data_AmpRemoteV010_2011-04-14_Rev.0.zip
There is still no posted shipping date but the original claim was April so could be any day now.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I agree, based on the reasonable price of the amps. They just need to keep pumping below 20hz and we have a winner for the "SubHeads".

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm in the process of building my new sub (tempest x2 15) and was going to buy an EP2000 in a couple of weeks along with a DSP1124. I think I will hold off til these amps come out because I am REALLY interested in the NU1000DSP. I also love the downloadable EQ software that comes with the amp, makes it seem so easy. That would save me from adding an additional piece to my chain (1124). Do you know if these amps will be supported by REW? I know nothing about that software but was planning on using it with my 1124 before I read about this new line of amps.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Even if they are not supported by REW if you can adjust instantly on the fly with a computer you could just re test till you get the results that work. Based on pre order status at many sites we may have these in June. I'm going to wait 30 more days then go another way if iNukes are not out or somehow unsuitable.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Even if they are not supported by REW if you can adjust instantly on the fly with a computer you could just re test till you get the results that work. Based on pre order status at many sites we may have these in June. I'm going to wait 30 more days then go another way if iNukes are not out or somehow unsuitable.
You're exactly right about not needing REW. Didnt think about that. I have seen a site or 2 that says nothing about a pre order, but has add to cart. Once added to cart you can actually go to check out where it still says nothing about pre order. I'm not going to chance it yet til I see that some folks have these.

41 - 60 of 425 Posts