Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 100 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don't know much about Peavey IPR amps but make sure they play low enough to use for your sub some amps tend to roll off after 20hz or there abouts. I imagine the iNuke would have had issues there anyways seeing the control software stopped at 20hz. Good luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is there consensus on the quality of sound produced by class-D designs? Seems to me that power savings is always a plus until you start to compromise the quality of your sound reproduction.
Most real noise problems inherent in (older) class-D designs tend to not manifest themselves with the frequencies used with woofage. This statement assumes a lot, but it isn't like the technology is new anymore. Class-D is almost purpose-designed for bass reproduction.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Most real noise problems inherent in (older) class-D designs tend to not manifest themselves with the frequencies used with woofage. This statement assumes a lot, but it isn't like the technology is new anymore. Class-D is almost purpose-designed for bass reproduction.
Class D is perfect for bass, that's what I read and understand from the technical explanations. But OTOH, Pioneer is getting very good reviews with it's Class D amps within their AVR's. I believe Class D is desirable for AVR's because it's almost free from heat build-up.

Anyway, no such concerns for me with the iNUKE 6000, since it's subwoofer power only.

Come on, Behringer, that's almost a year since you announced them. How hard can it be?

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
There are 4 models of the inuke series in stock at Music123.

http://www.music123.com/search/search.jsp?question=inuke
Ha, you beat me to it: I just discovered that the NU3000 was finally in stock. There's a link to a German review (NU-3000 DSP version) on Behringer's website. The fact Behringer linked to it means the review is favourable...

The link (pdf):
http://www.behringerdownload.de/_pdf/Tools4Music_Review/Tools4Music_Review_NU3000DSP_2011-08-10_Rev.0.pdf

The NU3000 is specced for 2 x 880 Watt @ 4 ohm. The test shows about 600 Watt.

Pro:
+ Low price (FYI, only about €220 for the standard NU3000 in EU)
+ Very low weight
+ Good editing software
+ Effective protection circuits
+ Very high efficiency
+ Stable power output
+ With / without DSP Controller
+ Different models to choose from

Low:
- Non-existing loop through the input signals
- No terminals
- Plastic front panel
- Relatively loud fan

That last thing sounds familiar. Though I read of a user that it's not as loud as the EP2500, but still louder than ideal. It also has a bridge option (3000 W - 4 ohm specced)

I will wait for the NU6000, which is specced for 2 x 3000 W - 4 ohm. My Maelstroms can eat about 1500 W, so this should be ideal.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i ordered (well my dad did) the inuke 300dsp. Supposed to have been in stock so should have shipped. Once we get it (since ill be th eone setting it up) ill try to play around with it and provide feedback if anyone cares for it. Cant do actual measurements for it but can least try to answer any specific questions people have :)

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Ive just ordered one as well from Amazon (uk) which claim to have them in stock for a passive radiator build I am about to start. The only reply I have had so far is that I will be notified when its despatched, which hasnt happened yet and its been a week or so thus far. I assume they dont actually have it in stock but time will tell. I hope they do get it to me though because I am interested in having a play with it, and BFD hum issues should no longer be a concern as well.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Dan that will mean its out off stock. They do that just to get your order. All other sellers advertising them in the Uk are all out of stock. I read the German review on the 3000 and it looks promising.

I am interested in the 6000dsp model for when I get two new single 4 ohms blueprints BDP-04's.

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Yeah I pretty much figured on that one. They listed as having 1 in stock, on every model, which seemed a bit suss but I was hoping they maybe got one of each model in to begin with as stocks might be short.

I only ordered the 3000 as I am only needing to power one driver (an FiQ18D2), but its the DSP thats going to interest me the most. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
If it saves ordering a mini dsp then it's defo a winner. Looks very similar, although more basic in what it can offer in terms of flexibility but just under £400 for the 6000DSP you really can go wrong.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
If anyone who has one would open up the case for a pic, I'd really appreciate it.
Specifically interested in other fan/heatsink options and whether I can move the LCD to accomodate a different case.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The race begins. :surrender: (Anxiousnessly waiting in the bleachers for the winner.)
Real output. :rolleyes:
How low will it go. :dizzy:
Fan noise. :hush:
I'm rooting for you guys! :T

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have purchased and had shipped to me (last week it arrived in fact) a Behringer Inuke 3000 DSP from Guitar Center. I did not have the speakon connectors I needed to test the amp yet. I have a Behringer EP4000 amp as well. The Inuke on first impression is truly small and light and very short in depth. The front of the case is plastic, but it doesn't seem as cheap as some people made it out to be. The buttons are all rubberized which is a nice touch. Configuration via the LCD is terrible compared to using the downloadable software through your computer. The fan is just a touch too loud for most home theatre enviornments, so a fan swap is likely in order. It uses a .4 amp 12 volt computer style 80mm fan, so basically any well reviewed standard computer fan up to .4 amp on a 12 volt line should be absolutely fine. I've not been able to test it yet, because I don't have the speakon cables yet, but I'm hoping it is comparable to the EP4000 amp I have. I'm surprised we aren't seeing more reviews pop up yet on these units. I don't care much about the unconfirmed but discussed potential fall off below 20hz because my ported subs are tuned for either 15 hz or 20 hz depending on my port plug configuration. I'll hopefully take possession of my speakon cable shipment soon and be able to report back power delivery as compared to an ep4000 amp.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I don't care much about the unconfirmed but discussed potential fall off below 20hz because my ported subs are tuned for either 15 hz or 20 hz depending on my port plug configuration.
I'd like to learn more about that, since my subs are tuned to 13Hz.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is there any pro amp out there that has built in DSP with a HPF setting below 20hz?

I know the crown xti lowest setting is 50hz.

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
I hope the sub 20hz performance matches that of the older EP4000 because I only run sealed subs and the EP range gave good output to 10hz. I cant see that changing, its one of the main reasons the Behringer gets chosen over many other brands. It would essentially rule it out as a sub amp for me if it did change.

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
Anybody get their amps and try them out yet? Sounds like a few sprung for the NU3000dsp. I'm toying with the idea of a NU1000 for my mains, for later repurposing to drive a sub. Downloaded the EQ software to take a look at it, looks pretty flexible. And yes indeed, the lowest HPF setting appears to be 20Hz or "off."

·
Registered
77 Posts
Anybody get their amps and try them out yet? Sounds like a few sprung for the NU3000dsp. I'm toying with the idea of a NU1000 for my mains, for later repurposing to drive a sub. Downloaded the EQ software to take a look at it, looks pretty flexible. And yes indeed, the lowest HPF setting appears to be 20Hz or "off."
my dad got his on saturday but i havent been able to get over there. We needed the speakon connectors anyways. (which came monday). Might try to head over there tomorrow if im feeling up to it or will wait till sunday (more likely) I know over on AVS people have gotten theres and they seem to do pretty well and like them.

81 - 100 of 425 Posts