Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

141 - 160 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
I wonder if anyone will make a mod of some sort. I don't know myself of it would be an internal change or a software change though.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Basic DSP set up....

Does anyone have a walk thru on a basic set up for a ported SUB using the DSP1000 ?

I have never used a DSP before. Not sure what settings are more important. Just looking for a building block starting point. I know that there could be many variables.

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
The most basic setup for a ported sub would be to set the HPF near or below the port tuning frequency, and the LPF where you want it (80Hz - 100Hz typical). That will get you up and running.

Once you get comfortable taking measurements and using REW, you will be able to setup the DSPs more advanced filtering to correct for your room and accomplish other things.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Is the NU6000 actual for sale now? I see the "coming soon" label has finally gone from the Behringer website, but most shops don't say they have the thing in stock. Anyone got one? Need one for the two Maelstrom 18's.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Ok, I bought one yesterday! The reseller mailed me he was aspecting them in on Monday, so I think I will have it Wednesday. Hooking up is something for the next weekend:sn:

High time to burn a best-bass CD to try with my Emo CDP and the Weiss DAC2. I can hook up both LLT's and just listen to the bass, or hook up 1 LLT + 1 normal speaker with the crossover and listen to 1 channel.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Package arrived...

Don't hold your breath, I only have time in the weekend to hook it up...

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Will these iNukes be good for sub duties?
I read that the crown Itechs suffer in the low frequencies?

Cheers
Matt
The specs rate the frequency response from 20Hz to 20 kHz only, but that doesn't mean it won't go down to 13 Hz.

The NU6000 is supposed to deliver a max output power of 2 x 3000 Watt @ 4 ohm, while the Maelstrom woofers are rated for 1500 W @ 4 ohm each, so...
Wrms is 2200 W @ 4 ohm /ch. > If that's not enough!:devil:

These things may not be the ultimate pro gear, but I am sure they wiil be plenty for a humble HT.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
I unpacked. Feels heavier than the "lightweight" moniker had me aspect. Still, only 5.5 kg...

I'm going through the quick start guide. I want to test 1 LLT at the time with added normal speaker (ye olde big tower Philips, 300 Watt rated). So I set the crossover to "split HF/LF" (fixed @ 100 Hz). That's obvious. Output A = HF and B = LF.

But do I set the mode switch to mono or stereo? I will be inputting 1 channel only, so that has to be mono? Or doesn't it even matter?

·
Premium Member
327 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
erwinbel said:
The specs rate the frequency response from 20Hz to 20 kHz only, but that doesn't mean it won't go down to 13 Hz.

The NU6000 is supposed to deliver a max output power of 2 x 3000 Watt @ 4 ohm, while the Maelstrom woofers are rated for 1500 W @ 4 ohm each, so...
Wrms is 2200 W @ 4 ohm /ch. > If that's not enough!:devil:

These things may not be the ultimate pro gear, but I am sure they wiil be plenty for a humble HT.
They certainly sound promising :)

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Re: Behringer iNUKE NU6000 connected.

Y'all didn't think me was able to wait until the weekend arrived, did ya?:innocent:

Spent the afternoon making decent speaker connects with the neutriks. No way that you will insert a 6 mm2 speaker wire straight into those Neutrik NL2FC cable connectors. I terminated the wires with the proper "shoes" that you fix with a special plier (which I bought since I am building a house anyway). Those went in and fitted perfectly in the Neutriks.

Same decent termination of the same 6 mm2 wires inside the LLT subs. It will never get undone, no matter how heavy things get in there!

Then we moved the LLT's from the workplace (after some heavy vacuming) to my old showroom beneath my living room.

Since the Emotiva ERC-1 has XLR outputs, I went straight from there into the NU6000 (which accepts no RCA). I used both L+R. The NU6000 was set to mono and the LF/HF splitter on (100Hz crossover). So channel A (+100) went to an old Philips tower and the lows (-100) from channel B went to one LLT.

Started the 2 devices, with volume to nought. Immediately, the Behringer started it's loud fan. I was aspecting to hear the fan, but this is really loud, unacceptable for home duties. It's as loud as when you rip a CD with 22x speed. A mod will be needed, or else a ventilated soundproof box?

Turning up both A & B and everything seemed in perfect working order. I had me burned a CD with some neat bass on it, like PIL, Jah Wobble, Basement Jaxx, Yazoo, James Blake and a couple of tracks of the Radiohead TKOL RMX project. As aspected, it was James Blake's Limit To Your Love that got the whole house vibrating... but not rattling. Als this with only 30% off the volume and zero calibration.

That's it for now folks. I need to work my but off to finish the house: I am determined to install the HT Jan 2013! In the mean time: the ERC stays with the Behringer in testing position, since I only listen to the Mac mini as a source these days on the set with the Jamo's.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Here's some pics of the testing facilities:

P2161236.jpg
^note how I shortened the pins a bit in order to get them inside the Neutrik cable connector

P2161237.jpg
^LLT's and Philips tower

P2161239.jpg

P2161241.jpg

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
I just want to add that the NU6000 stays almost cold after playing (softly) for over an hour, powering 1 Maelstrom 18" and 1 Philips tower. Like I said, the (loud) fan comes on after powering on.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I saw in another thread that someone was very disappointed in the inuke3000 dsp. He was complaining about a hissing noise and a few other things. I wonder of he just got a dud.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
I saw in another thread that someone was very disappointed in the inuke3000 dsp. He was complaining about a hissing noise and a few other things. I wonder of he just got a dud.
Hissing? Nothing like that over here. I think I will perform a fan mod before I put it in actual use.

Q1: When calibrating (probably Audyssey XT32) does one set the volume control of the amp to max, or what?

Q2: Am I safe with a 13Hz sub (LLT) tune without a high pass filter? I've read a few times about the danger of damage below 15Hz.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Q1: When calibrating (probably Audyssey XT32) does one set the volume control of the amp to max, or what?

Q2: Am I safe with a 13Hz sub (LLT) tune without a high pass filter? I've read a few times about the danger of damage below 15Hz.
Q1: During Audyssey setup you will be prompted to set the sub gain controls to acheive 75db using the Audyssey mic and on-screen SPL meter. Two subs requires level matching to 75db.

Q2: I run a pair of 18Hz ported 15" subs with no HPF with 1900+ watts each. I have not run across any movies that are making it sound funny. Cloverfield does fine. You might be okay, but you also may want to model it and see what the risk could be.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
One thing I really like about these amps is the built-in DSP. I remember back when we were trying to get Behringer to develop a new parametric EQ, we requested some of these features. The software appears to be a really nice feature as well. I wish they were all black amps though... that silver is too much for me.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Sonnie what we need is some good reviews and tests on these amps because even though they have been in the limelight for a while it would seem alot off people are still buying the ep amps over them because they know off their true abilities. Just my thought....

141 - 160 of 425 Posts