Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

161 - 180 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
I saw in another thread that someone was very disappointed in the inuke3000 dsp. He was complaining about a hissing noise and a few other things. I wonder of he just got a dud.
I recently got a nu1000DSP and I hooked it up do a homebuilt MFW-15. It seems plenty powerful and I hear no hissing. I agree the silver is pretty ugly but its a piece of gear you can set up and hide I guess.
I am not an expert on anything to say it is rated per the specs but it does seem to perform for me. The price was right as well for the features you get. I actually will sell this nu100DSP and get the nu3000dsp so I can run 2 Subs.

I am still confused about if this will play below 20HZ though? I need to learn REW. But that will be a long time from now.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I don't know of anyone doing amp testing anymore, but it would be nice to know its limits.

Graham, you wanna start doing some amp testing?

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Sonnie I would love to but apart from not being my field off knowledge I wouldn't have the budget or equipment. I am however surprised that there has not been some done already. Mind you behringer have kept these babies a bit off a secret for a while though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi.

I'm curious to this amps as i have the chance to borrow a iNuke. But i see that i has a "low" dampning factor(>140). Does dampening really count?

Im planing to try and use the amp to run four sealed eD 13AV.2's (A7s-650's) and/or Klipsch RF-83's.

The amps i have to do a comparison with is the Elemental Designs LT/1300 and Emotiva XPA-1.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Humming when receiver is in stand by

I am using NU3000DSP to power CHT CS-18.2 sub.
I am getting fairly loud humming noise when my receiver is on stand by and the amp is still on. The noise goes away as soon as receiver is powered on.

I tried it with two inuke amps and the noise was present with both. I do not get any noise with my epik legends.

Any idea why this is happening?

·
Registered
922 Posts
is the speakon properly wired up? i dont think i ever get a humming..... since it happened on 2 amps the problem may be elsewhere

·
Registered
207 Posts
is the speakon properly wired up? i dont think i ever get a humming..... since it happened on 2 amps the problem may be elsewhere
speakon is wired for bridged connection (+1, +2).
I thought the worst i could do with butchered speakon is switched polarity.

·
Registered
207 Posts
try a cheater plug.. if that doesnt solve it then we'll troubleshoot further
tried it. did not help.
i do not think this is a ground loop issue. the noise is only when receiver is in stand by or fully turned off.

when i disconnect the input cable the noise stops. it must be something about interaction with the AVR (denon 4311) and the amp. I tried connecting the amp to different sources and the noise is only present with the AVR. what's most puzzling is that this is happening even when the AVR is fully powered down.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'd love to see some bench testing. I have a Crown xls 802 and evidently its slew rate is so low Crown doesn't make it public. I didn't even know what slew rate was until yesterday but evidently it essentially has to do with the ability of the amp to recover from repeated bass hits effectively (either scenes in action moves with intense bass or music with fairly low repeated bass). I've also read concern about below 20 Hz output. So I might be in the market for a new amp for my quad IB3 infinite baffle sub. Having a reasonable slew rate and excellent below 20hz output will be critical. Since the EP4000 has been bench tested and proven to have those characteristics... I will likely go that route... unless the NU3000 gets tested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd love to see some bench testing. I have a Crown xls 802 and evidently its slew rate is so low Crown doesn't make it public. I didn't even know what slew rate was until yesterday but evidently it essentially has to do with the ability of the amp to recover from repeated bass hits effectively (either scenes in action moves with intense bass or music with fairly low repeated bass). I've also read concern about below 20 Hz output. So I might be in the market for a new amp for my quad IB3 infinite baffle sub. Having a reasonable slew rate and excellent below 20hz output will be critical. Since the EP4000 has been bench tested and proven to have those characteristics... I will likely go that route... unless the NU3000 gets tested.
I recently finished a project using the 3000dsp, and it does have good response below 20hz. Not sure how low it does go effectively but it will reach down there. My tuning was about 20hz and it was plenty powerful around there. Im not sure if the bench test thats floating around on these amps says anything about sub-20hz content?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have not seen any sub 20 Hz testing on this amp. I saw testing reported on another forum of the Peavey IPR 3000 that showed it put out approx 1550 watts per channel at 10Hz when running 2.8 ohm stereo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have not seen any sub 20 Hz testing on this amp. I saw testing reported on another forum of the Peavey IPR 3000 that showed it put out approx 1550 watts per channel at 10Hz when running 2.8 ohm stereo.
It seems plenty strong below 20hz, i'll have to hook up the multimeter and see what im getting for voltage down low with some tones. I know its rumor the inuke is similar if not a clone to the IPR.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I purchased a Inuke 6000 with DSP a few months ago. It was a decent amp but I don't think it put out half of the inflated peak power specs that Behringer is posting. I returned it after three weeks.I would consider it an okay amp for running a set of mains. But for powering a serious sub....no way.

161 - 180 of 425 Posts