Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey great! :)

i think the industrial fans including adda have a rough ball bearing. (rattle)
so the noiseblocker pro fans a extremly smooth.. but only 12V..

even I'm torn here between the Inuke 6000 and Thomann t.amp TA2400 MK-X (2x1200W @4ohm ring core >23KG)
so the weight is not my problem ;) its mounted in a homecinema subwoofer.
the inuke 3000 have only 6xxW @4ohm :(....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think the issue is the speed of the fan creating turbulence through the front louvres, not the fan itself. The lower powered fans are quieter because they spin more slowly & dont get ramped up as much as the Behringer fan. But Behringer is trying to cool this thing during PA applications which is what it was designed for, so noise wasnt their main priority. In any case, you will hear the rushing air which makes a droning sound before you hear the fan itself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Must point out this mod relates to my NU3000DSP

Ahh, this might explain some things! Can it be that NU3000 has variable fanspeed, while the NU1000
goes at full fan speed from start? (as my NU1000 does)

The specifications state that all three models have variable fanspeed, but my specimen certainly has not...

·
Registered
15 Posts
ok i think the inuke is not for professional usw..
without heatsinks??? :(

the modded version i much cooler then the original one. (and healthier for the amp live ;))

·
Registered
12 Posts
ok i think the inuke is not for professional usw..
without heatsinks??? :(

the modded version i much cooler then the original one. (and healthier for the amp live ;))
I put the heatsinks on because I cut the fan speed rotation....I am hoping it will compensate.
For professional use I guess the high speed fan works. The 3000 differs from the 1000 in having metal stand-offs which act as heatsinks, although they are not finned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ahh, this might explain some things! Can it be that NU3000 has variable fanspeed, while the NU1000
goes at full fan speed from start? (as my NU1000 does)

The specifications state that all three models have variable fanspeed, but my specimen certainly has not...
The 3000 is certainly SCARY when the fan is running at full speed!:yikes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put the heatsinks on because I cut the fan speed rotation....I am hoping it will compensate.
For professional use I guess the high speed fan works. The 3000 differs from the 1000 in having metal stand-offs which act as heatsinks, although they are not finned.

i think full metal blocks a heatsinks are not a good idea!
heatthink without cooling fins... :boxer:

i think for really home cinema use they must be under 20db!

with onyl 1 fan is this a little bit unpossible ;)

i built my subwoofer case with integrates 2HE 19" slot.
so i can put the AMP in the front an then the front is sealed!

the originalfan was remove or disabled.
the components on the mainboard which was hot (measure with IR/Laser Thermometer) become big heatsinks.

now on the bag side of my 19" slot i will built a fan array.
4-8 80mm or 92mm Fans with an integrated 12V notebook Powersupply.
so every fan produce... 12-14db noise.

the array put 2-3 times more air through the amp.

strictly along the lines of:
who cools good... the run is good;)

as a waste product, I've got a perfectly chilled and inaudible even under full load amp.

so i will make a photo.. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I must say that my iNukes has blown me away! Even the treble is quite acceptable!
I use it on full dipole speakers with four Peerless 12" sls bass drivers in a folded dipole, a Dayton RS-180 mid and a Neo3 treble per channel. One iNuke 1000 for the bass and one for mid and treble. Using Holm measurement program and a Panasonic wm-61 mic, I have achieved a very nice sounding frequency curve, using the built in DSP. My plan is to rebuild those speakers so that the eye (wife) also likes them, will send pictures when ready...

·
Registered
15 Posts
is a 80mm standart 24V DC Fan.
thickness 25mm

i have tested the inuke 3000dsp today..
i send it back to the dealer this amp is really terrible :(

1. the DSP version is hissing after power up more then 40%.. :(
2. the 2 channels are not really symmetrical... for 2 identical subwoofer i need on the first channel 100% power and on the second channel only 70% for the same loudness...

the amp is good for paper weight but not for hifi!

sorry :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
doedalein said:
is a 80mm standart 24V DC Fan.
thickness 25mm

i have tested the inuke 3000dsp today..
i send it back to the dealer this amp is really terrible :(

1. the DSP version is hissing after power up more then 40%.. :(
2. the 2 channels are not really symmetrical... for 2 identical subwoofer i need on the first channel 100% power and on the second channel only 70% for the same loudness...

the amp is good for paper weight but not for hifi!

sorry :(
The fan is 12v not 24v ?

I have a inuke3000 for both of my Dual Opposed sub builds ie one for each build and I think they are great.

Two Fi Q15's in a 120 L cabinet sealed and those inuke3000 drives them hard.

·
Registered
15 Posts
24V DC Fan! 80x80x25mm!

in the Inuke 3000 you can use one! Fan Power port on the Mainboard. (the second one is unusable)...
you can use 2x 12V Fans in in series..
(Mainboard + -> + Fan1
Mainboard - -> - Fan 2!
Fan 1 - -> Fan 2 +)

now its 24V :D

12V fans are much common than the 24V fans and much more quiet.. (Noisblocker Fans have very silent Bearings.. Enermax, Arctic Coolung.... with FDB Bearing are also good but the tolerance in the FDB Bearing i find is too much.. so you get one silent fan and one with an rattle bearing.. :( )

·
Registered
7 Posts
24V DC Fan! 80x80x25mm!

in the Inuke 3000 you can use one! Fan Power port on the Mainboard. (the second one is unusable)...
you can use 2x 12V Fans in in series..
(Mainboard + -> + Fan1
Mainboard - -> - Fan 2!
Fan 1 - -> Fan 2 +)

now its 24V :D

12V fans are much common than the 24V fans and much more quiet.. (Noisblocker Fans have very silent Bearings.. Enermax, Arctic Coolung.... with FDB Bearing are also good but the tolerance in the FDB Bearing i find is too much.. so you get one silent fan and one with an rattle bearing.. :( )
Thanks, I'll go for the Papst 8414NGL fan, the same one I have used previously in a Behringer EP2500. It's virtually inaudible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i dont like the papst fans...
they are not enough silent for me :D 15db is max for me :D
and the papst fans... I think they are the inventors of the cruel and rattling going out of round ball bearings.
Moreover, just overpriced for what deliver the scrap.
papst treated the PC market since 8 years focused only very neglected and focused only on industrial fan.
and because it comes on quiet ball bearing and wind noise, not to the rotor blades on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i dont like the papst fans...
they are not enough silent for me :D 15db is max for me :D
and the papst fans... I think they are the inventors of the cruel and rattling going out of round ball bearings.
Moreover, just overpriced for what deliver the scrap.
papst treated the PC market since 8 years focused only very neglected and focused only on industrial fan.
and because it comes on quiet ball bearing and wind noise, not to the rotor blades on it.
The Papst 8414NGL is 12dB maximum!

·
Registered
15 Posts
on the tech paper!

every 10-14db papst fans i had was louder as good 18-20db fans from noisblocker :(
Buy fan is in a sense, also a matter of experience.
papsst fans have loud bearings....

sorry my english is not the best i will say:
papst fan in the airflow is indeed low but the stock is so annoying noise the fan with a louder sounds quieter bearings easier on the human ear.

good friend from me is www.ichbinleise.de
they sell massiv fans and built silent pcs... they now whitch fan is silent... :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got my iNuke NU3000DSP today and the first thing I did was open it up. Much easier than the old EP2500.
The stock Fan is labeled 12V so I'm real confused now as apparently there are also iNuke's around with 24V fans?

I can get a silent 12V fan for €3,- but a silent 24V is much harder to get and the only option I've found where I live (the Netherlands) is the Papst 8414NGL for €22,-.

I quickly connected my PC and updated the firmware and played around a little with the SP software. It's pretty straightforward.

The only drawback is that the Behringer doesn't fit inside my rack so I'll probably have to put somewhere it on top.

21 - 40 of 138 Posts