Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Shacksters ,

I am currently running a Crown XLS2502 2 channels at 775 @4 ohms per channel with 2 Ultimax 12" Dayton audio subwoofers in sealed 2.0 cuft enclousures.

Is the Behringer I-Nuke NU6000DSP boasting 2 channels @4 ohms 1500 watts RMS and 3000 watt peaks per channel really have more power then my current XLS2502 ?

I have heard then were benched tested much lower.

Thanks for your input in advance , I am planning on picking the behringer NU6000DSP this weekend if its better.

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
There are bench tests out there, have you tried searching around?

IIRC, the inuke published RMS numbers are only valid for short time transients. I'm not sure how they compare to Crown's published numbers.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a behringer NU6000DSP to run comparison with the crown xls2502 . I expect it to arrive by Dec 16 2017

What do you recommend peak watts/volts on my behringer I-nuke nu6000dsp for channels A & B running a 12" Ultimax subwoofer in sealed 2.0 cuft enclosures on each channel? I thought of just setting amplifier at max 1200 peaks. But then I read reviews and bench tests saying the does not really put out 2200 rms and 3000 watt peaks per channel. Is their recommended way to run a test with the subwoofers and the amplifier to safely determine peak settings.

Maybe I can't handle the truth

Some what Positive bench test video on I-Nuke NU6000DSP 4ohms results per channel 2060 watts rms dynamic burst 2480 watts rms

Negative bench test results

https://forum.speakerplans.com/behringer-inuke-nu6000-vs-kam-kxd7200-bench-tested_topic69202.html

https://forum.musictri.be/archive/index.php/t-654.html

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
The UM12 runs out of xmax with 600 W RMS in that configuration. I would not leave the peak limiter all the way up, turn it down!

2.0cuft is kinda small for that driver, you could add as much acoustastuf as you want to bring the Qts down.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts