Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here and looking for a little help if available.

I bought a Bell & Howell 2580 Filmosound recently from a thrift store. It looked to be in perfect condition, came with the original box and paperwork, etc. I've had it for about 2 weeks and hadn't checked it out really yet. I figured at the least I'd just have it set up as a piece in my place.

I ordered a reel of 'The Red Balloon' on eBay as my first film to try out. I got the film today, went through the instructions for the projector, set it up, and started it...nothing. The projector works otherwise. The sound is brilliant. Everything seems to be just fine apart from the fact that it's not actually projecting. No light came on.

I know little to nothing in this area admittedly. I would assume that the lamp is out but I could be wrong.

What I need to know is whether or not this is obviously the case, how I can tell whether or not the lamp is bad, and so on. The lamp in an ELC 24V-250W.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
You could check the voltage at the socket, or take it to an electronics shop to test it before you spend the money on a new bulb. I bet that it needs a new bulb though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also just realized that even though there are threads on my lens, it doesn't actually thread into anything, it's just basically sitting loosely in the cylinder which seems odd to me. It seems to be the lens that came with the original unit though...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You could check the voltage at the socket, or take it to an electronics shop to test it before you spend the money on a new bulb. I bet that it needs a new bulb though.
Thank you, dougc. That's likely what I'll do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts